KI TAVO - WHEN YOU RETURN
Deuteronomy 26:1 to 29:9
James 1:1 to 2:26
- Deuteronomy 26:1-2 “When you enter the land that Yahweh is giving you as a heritage, and you possess it and settle in it, you shall take some of every first fruit of the soil, which you harvest from the land that Yahweh is giving you, put it in a basket and go to the place where Yahweh will choose to establish His name.”
The terms enter the Land and take the Land both refer to realms of Yahweh’s Kingdom; one within the heart of His believers and secondly, within the physical land promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and their descendants, called the Land of Israel. In this lesson we are given instructions to assist Yahweh’s people in taking the land in both realms. As believers who embrace the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, we may find that we have been held back from truly entering the Land and reaping the spiritual and physical benefits due to our lack of understanding of Yahweh’s commandments that are His blueprint for our redemption. Yahweh says that if we retain past transgressions it will not go well for us. If we carry around unforgiveness or bitterness for example, we run the risk of being separated from His blessings.
- Hebrews 12:15 “looking carefully lest anyone [believer] fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled.”
Yeshua died for His Bride that she might live a resurrected life in Him. Why are believers still imprisoned with broken hearts or living in tribulation? Why are believers still dealing with issues of bitterness, unforgiveness, resentment, retaliation, anger, hatred, violence, murder, envy, strife, jealousy, accusation, betrayal, rejection and rage, etc. towards a wife, a husband, other believers, a neighbor and/or themselves? How is their health? Are believers struggling with physical or emotional illness? What about the foods they eat or the way they dress? How can they love their neighbor as themself if they are not at peace within their own heart? The issues mentioned here are not the fruit of Yahweh’s Kingdom but attributes of the enemy’s. Have Yahweh’s people let the enemy into their camp? These all brings blockages into a believer’s life that separates them from Him. Believers need to ask themselves,
“Do I love with all my heart Yahweh’s teaching and instruction and do I love to follow His order to the best of my ability?”
This is not a salvation issue but an issue of sanctification. If unrighteous ways are still active within Yahweh’s people, those unruly ways will keep them from the fruitfulness in Yeshua. This is why Israel has not yet fulfilled her destiny. What people do often reflects in the Land of Israel, as they mirror each other. People spend a lifetime outside the land never venturing to enter in due to a lack of knowledge about their identity as part of Israel. The only way Yahweh’s people can live in the land today as legal Israelites in His eyes is through obedience, found in the first five books of the Bible and witnessed through to the Book of Revelation (Revelation 12:17). Without these instructions through Moses, Yahweh’s people cannot truly enter into the fullness (authority) of the Spirit or the Land of Israel, as walking in Yahweh’s Truth opens doors spiritually and physically. When His people agree with His principles including observing His Sabbath, His Feast Days and His New Moon, these acts of obedience bring His blessing and His Presence into their lives. If believers do not walk in His Torah principles they lack the heavenly witness that the cross represents therefore are not walking in the truth found in Yeshua.
The Israelites who left Egypt were never allowed to enter the Land but were made to journey in the wilderness forty years on account of their rebellious nature. They stumbled over the words Moses shared instead of walking in agreement with them. Moses is now teaching their children how to possess the land. The instructions have not changed and still provide direction even in our day. Those who believe in Yeshua have an automatic inheritance offered to them if they choose to follow the same paths of righteousness that Yahweh placed before the Children of Israel at Mount Sinai. The gateway to that highway is through the narrow way (Acts 15:19-21; Galatians 3:7, 29).
- Matthew 7:13-14 “Enter by the narrow gate (a gate is a reference to a Covenant and in this Scripture the gate is the Mosaic Covenant); for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it” (as few choose to enter) (John 5:46-47).
Believers are required to take on the identity of the Messiah and walk in His footsteps as confirmed at Mount Sinai. Yeshua walked these footsteps on earth and confirmed them again for His people in Acts 2. Returning means to take possession of the Land. To do this Yahweh’s people must deal first with what is in their hearts. If believers do not identify with the land or find their identity as part of Israel, how will they to join their brothers in taking possession it? The Land, Torah and the people of Israel are all synonymous. Yahweh’s people need to check and see if they have any inhabitants within their own land that causes them to stumble. If they do, they need to look at the heart first. Are they mixing immorality with His Holiness? Are they choosing their ways over His Principles?
At Calvary Yahweh set people free from the slavery of sin. Taking ownership of our land starts first in our hearts, beginning with the choice to completely allow Him to rule and reign in our lives. Healing heart wounds begins with ourselves then with family and others. A soft loving heart offers up sacrifices of praise and worship in thankfulness to Yahweh, and is the visible fruit of a resurrected life. The action of entering into Yeshua’s death leads to His resurrection life in us. This resurrected fruit of Yeshua is the LIFE that we offer to others through our words, habits, actions and testimony. This is taking possession of the land.
Church style evangelism starts and ends with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ at the cross. But what is that? This is not the Gospel. This is the fruit caused by the Gospel. Yeshua first shared what the Gospel was and then He gave its instruction and direction to the people three years before He went to the cross.
- Luke 4:18-19 “The Spirit of Yahweh is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the Gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of Yahweh.”
- Luke 9:1-2, 6 “Then He [Yeshua] called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases [that had come upon them through ungodly disorder]. He sent them to preach [teach] the kingdom of God [the Gospel] and to heal the sick. So they departed and went through the towns, preaching the Gospel and healing everywhere.”
Biblical Hebrew evangelism is to be Yeshua’s ambassadors by being His mirror image. Yeshua taught His word in the Covenant given to Moses on Mount Sinai (John 5:46-47). Moses shared it with the people the Ten Commandments (the summary of the Covenant) and the people responded in agreement saying they wanted to do and to observe all of His words. Moses then returned to the mountain with the people’s response. Yahweh wrote down the Ten Commandments to seal their vow in heaven so the people could have a record (witness) on the earth. The people’s promised agreement made them legal to the Covenant, that is why it is called The Law. The one name that capsulizes this process is called the Gospel.
- Galatians 3:8 “And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles [Nations] by faith, preached the Gospel to Abraham.”
- 1 John 1:1-3, 2:7 “That which was from the beginning [Genesis/Beresheet], which we [believers] have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life - the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us - that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ/Yeshua HaMashiach. Brethren [believers], I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment, which you have had from the beginning[Genesis/Beresheet]. The old commandment is the word, which you heard from the beginning[Genesis/Beresheet].”
To enter Yeshua’s resurrected life is to conquer all within us that hinder our walk. The more fully we are in Him the more growth and blessings we will see. In order for this to happen believers need to evaluate their walk. Many have expectations and look for signs, wonders and miracles, but if they tend to do things on their own terms… If believers choose to participate in obvious or habitual sin, they open the door for the enemy. Many have come to salvation but do not walk in redemption through a sanctified holy lifestyle. These blockages prevent believers from reaching their destiny in Yeshua (Exodus 19:5-6; Ephesians chapter 1; 1Peter 2:9; Hebrews 12:14).
- 1 Corinthians 9:23-26 Paul said, “I do all this for the sake of the Gospel, that I may share in its blessings. Do you not know that in a race all the runners [believers] run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we [believers] do it to get a crown that will last forever.”
- 1 John 2:9-11 “Again, a new commandment I write to you [believers], which thing is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining. He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.”
Is it Possible to be in Righteousness and Walk in Holiness?
Absolutely! Many believers have given their lives to Yahweh but not quite entered in to all He has designed for them. It is walk in His Word that loosens the shackles of the past. As believers continue to pursue holiness through His instructions they begin to possess the land. Believers will finally settle and have peace when they become accustomed to walking in His ways/instructions.
Yeshua’s Firstfruits – His Royal Priesthood
- Exodus 19:5-6 “Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine. ‘And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel” (1Peter 2:9).
When believers are in agreement or in one accord with the Spirit of the Holy One they will produce much fruit. It is these firstfruits they are to bring in a basket before Him. The terms inheritance and possession (in the sense of conquering) are often used in conjunction with the word gift when referring to the Land of Israel. This is because the land that was originally given to Abraham as a gift, is also designed to be conquered by his descendants - us. Each generation must undertake for themselves the conquest of the Land. This is first accomplished in the heart of the believer. Our firstfruits offering is how we know we are in Him (For further references to the land see parsha Va’etchanan – Deuteronomy 3:25-7:11 www.sheepfoldgleanings.com)
Do we have a basket of firstfruits/bikkurim to present before Yahweh? The fruit that comes from the harvest of our labor is what believers present at the threshing floor. Many who have not entered into this walk of redemption may not have experienced His fruit yet. His fruit is called signs and wonders and is what raises the dead, heals the sick and cleanses the leper. These are called the elementary things of the resurrected life that follow those who have a purified and holy sanctified walk in Yeshua (Hebrews 6:1-2). In doing this, they then become His firstfruits as they labor together in Yeshua’s field white for the harvest (John 4:35; Ezekiel 37:1-14).
This harvest is also known as the order of Melchizedek (king and priest). When Yahweh’s people walk in unity to His Covenant and believe in the three witnesses of heaven (The Father, the word and the Holy Spirit) that they are one AND believe in the three witnesses on earth (the Spirit, the water, and the blood) and they too are one, then you have two witnesses therefore the truth can be established. If these two agree, and they do, and believers agree with the two witnesses of heaven and earth, in faith, belief and walk, then the harvest that comes from their testimony in this Truth will be the firtstfruits to present at the threshing floor. This is why Abraham presented his tithe to Melchizedek – it was his firstfruits (2 Chronicles 30:10-12; Romans 15:5; Ephesians 4:3; Ezekiel 37:15-28; Amos 9:11; Acts 15:16-21; 1John ch 1, 2, 5).
Priests have intimate knowledge of the function of the heavenly Tabernacle on earth. It is their job to teach this pattern and lifestyle to the Israelites (believers) in order for there to be a legal witness on the earth. The pattern and outline is called the Gospel.
- Ezekiel 43:10-12 “Son of man [a title given to believers walking in the Truth given at Mount Sinai], describe the temple to the house of Israel, that they [believers] may be ashamed of their iniquities; and let them measure the pattern [given them at Mount Sinai]. And if they [believers] are ashamed of all that they have done [their transgressions and iniquities], make known to them the design of the temple and its arrangement, its exits and its entrances, its entire design and all its ordinances, all its forms and all its laws. Write it down in their sight, so that they may keep its whole design and all its ordinances, and perform them. This is the law of the temple: The whole area surrounding the mountaintop is most holy. Behold, this is the law of the temple” (Exodus 19:5-6; 1 Peter 2:9; Revelation 1:6).
- Nehemiah 8:7-8 “Also [the priests] Jeshua, Bani, Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, helped the people to understand the Law [the words the people confirmed to Moses at Mount Sinai]; and the people stood in their place [anticipating the words of Yahweh that imparts life]. So they [priests] read distinctly from the book, in the Law of God [our testimony one with Yahweh]; and they [priests and Levites] gave the sense, and helped them to understand the reading [of Moses – the Gospel].”
This law of the temple/Tabernacle in Ezekiel 43:10-12 is the only pattern the priest Ezekiel taught, the only pattern Yeshua and His disciples taught and the only pattern Paul was given to teach believers. Without this pattern there could be no witness thus believers would loose their identity and be scattered to the nations. This is just what happened when the people lost sight of the pattern written on their hearts. Without the true witnesses of heaven and earth Yahweh’s people have no justification or legalization on earth, therefore become scattered (1John 5:6-8 KJV/NKJV only).
- Deuteronomy 30:1-6 “Now it shall come to pass, when all these things come upon you, the blessing and the curse which I have set before you, and you call them to mind among all the nations where the LORD/Yahweh your God/Elohim drives you, and you return to the LORD/Yahweh your God/Elohim and obey His voice, according to all that I command you today, you and your children, with all your heart and with all your soul, that the LORD/Yahweh your God/Elohim will bring you back from captivity, and have compassion on you, and gather you again from all the nations where the LORD/Yahweh your God/Elohim has scattered you. If any of you are driven out to the farthest parts under heaven, from there the LORD/Yahweh your God/Elohim will gather you, and from there He will bring you. Then the LORD/Yahweh your God/Elohim will bring you to the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it. He will prosper you and multiply you more than your fathers. And the LORD/Yahweh your God/Elohim will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD/Yahweh your God/Elohim with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live (Jeremiah 33:17-26).
- 1 Corinthians 3:10-11 “According to the grace of God which was given to me [Rabbi Saul, Paul], as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation [Mosaic Covenant – the Gospel], and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it [the Tabernacle/temple]. For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is [the Gospel of] Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha Mashiach.”
How Do People Know They Are In Yeshua’s Priesthood?
Signs and wonders follow those who walk in His ways. Are signs and wonders following you?
When Peter was with Yeshua, his walk had hits and misses. The majority of his walk did not have signs and wonders. Once he came into the saving knowledge of truly believing Yeshua as the Messiah, His Lord and Savior AND actively applying Yeshua’s principles/commandments, the Spirit/Ruach filled his life. He was never the same again. Signs and wonders followed him so that even his shadow healed and raised the dead.
- Acts 5:14-16 “And believers were increasingly added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women, so that they brought the sick out into the streets and laid them on beds and couches, that at least the shadow of Peter passing by might fall on some of them. Also a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed.”
Is this happening among believers today? If not, why not? What do we need to know or do that will release the Holy Spirit’s power and authority in our lives that edifies Yeshua’s life within?
- 1John 2:3-6 “Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, ‘I know Him,’ and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.”
- Acts 10:34-38 “Then Peter opened his mouth and said: ‘In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him. The word which God sent to the children of Israel, preaching peace through Jesus Christ/Yeshua HaMashiach - He is Lord of all - that word you know, which was proclaimed throughout all Judea, and began from Galilee after the baptism which John preached: how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.’ ”
These two elements in Acts 10:34: firstly, to believe and honor Yeshua as the Messiah, the Holy One of Israel, and secondly to walk in obedience to His word. These are His right ways. Righteousness is to observe His Covenants, observe His Feast Days and observe His Sabbaths. All these must be present if a believer is to be called a believer and therefore become a witness of Yeshua. It is the difference between clean and unclean. Like what is a clean animal for believers to eat? One that has BOTH a split hoof and chews its cud. A clean fish is: one that has BOTH fins and scales. If one or both elements are missing then the animal or fish is rendered unclean for believers to consume and is classified as a thing in Scripture. It is the same with our walk. A believer needs BOTH belief that Yeshua is the manifested word made flesh, the Messiah of Israel AND walk according to His word. What is a witness? If one or both elements are missing, there will be sporadic instances or no signs and wonders of Yeshua that follow. Therefore, a witness is a believer who believes in Yeshua, the Word made flesh as their Messiah, Lord and Savior and is a doer of His word (from Mount Sinai) with signs and wonders of the Spirit of the Holy One following the believer as a witness attesting to this fact.
- Psalm 119:93 “I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You have given me life.”
The other component that needs to be mentioned is that if a believer in the smallest way thinks that the signs and wonders are as a result of their walk they are mistaken. The signs and wonders appear because their life is actively walking in one accord with the Word, which is manifesting in their life.
- Isaiah 66:20 “Then they shall bring all your brethren for an offering to Yahweh out of all nations, on horses and in chariots and in litters, on mules and on camels, to My holy mountain Jerusalem,” says Yahweh, “as the children of Israel bring an offering [you] in a clean vessel into the house of Yahweh.”
When Israel turned their back on their word to honor Yahweh and had an affair with the golden calf this caused a breach in their Marriage Covenant. The principle of marriage states that the Bride is not free to marry if the husband is still alive or she would be committing adultery. The living Bridegroom had to die in order for the Bride to be re-instated into the Covenant. Also, the word states that once the couple divorce and the wife had another husband, she could not return to her first husband. This was forbidden according to the Torah. It was only after the first (and/or second) husband died, that the Bride would be free to marry again. Therefore, in order to fulfill the principle in the Torah, Yeshua died so He could re-marry His beloved Bride thereby re-newing the Marriage Covenant and regaining His Bride back to her full status in Him.
However, Yeshua will not marry an unclean Bride, one who is walking in a mixture of beliefs and living a lifestyle outside of His Kingdom principles. He is not going to marry a believer who has assimilated by blending common, unholy, unclean practices or who celebrates Babylonian feast days to another god along with His holy ways. This is called entertaining old lovers – adultery. Yeshua offers His life to all. However, there are prerequisites for who the bride is versus who the guests are at the wedding. Yeshua will chose to marry a believer (Bride) who has discarded her old unrighteous habits for His ways. His ways are outlined in His Covenant (Mosaic). We are told in Scripture the Bride has prepared her heart by choosing to walk as He walked. This is His Promised Seed.
Since believers are under Yeshua’s sonship and called by the title of priest in Scripture, would they like to know how to pursue this? It is easy. The writer of Hebrews exhorts believers to leave the elementary things and move on to perfection. This is a direct invitation into the High Priesthood of Yeshua – and His Bridal Chamber.
- Hebrews 6:1-2 “Therefore [believers], leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ/Messiah, let us go on to perfection [describes the work of obedience] not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.”
- Matthew 5:20 “For I say to you [believer who has the opportunity of entering into the office of priesthood], that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees [Levites and Priests], you [believer] will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven [be my Bride].”
The Firstborn Priesthood
Leviticus chapter 8 lists the steps of consecration/ordination for those desiring the office of the priesthood. We also find this teaching in the New Testament/Brit Chadasha - the writings that are devoted to the priesthood/bride.
During the Feast of Passover, after the meal Yeshua had with His disciples/talmudim, He purposefully washed their feet. (The washing of the extremities (hands/feed) represent the whole body). Yeshua’s washing was firstly for a status change and secondly to prepare them for the priesthood, which they would enter into after His death and resurrection. Many were fishermen, ordinary people, unschooled in Temple service, not all understood the meaning behind the ceremonial washing. This washing was in direct reference to the laver in the Tabernacle outer courtyard where the priests washed their hands and feet before entering into service and ministry of the Tabernacle. To enter into the Tabernacle without having washed both would have resulted in death. The application of water was to be a perpetual (eternal) principle throughout their generations – thus Yeshua applied this principle to His disciples/talmudim as righteousness.
- Exodus 30:18-21 “You shall also make a laver of bronze, with its base also of bronze, for washing. You shall put it between the Tabernacle of meeting and the altar. And you shall put water in it, for Aaron and his sons shall wash their hands and their feet in water from it. When they go into the Tabernacle of meeting, or when they come near the altar to minister, to burn an offering made by fire to Yahweh, they shall wash with water, lest they die. So they shall wash their hands and their feet, lest they die. And it shall be a statute forever to them - to him and his descendants throughout their generations.”
Since Yeshua is the living Tabernacle, His desire is to anoint (consecrate) those who choose to follow after His footsteps in the same priestly anointing. Since His talmudim were not of the physically inherited Levitical high priesthood, as was born through the Kohath generational line, there needed to be a transfer of Yahweh’s authority and a renewing of their hearts before Yeshua could consecrate the spiritual priestly blessing upon them. Only then could Yeshua’s disciples move in His heavenly priestly order on an earthly level and come into His presence. This is described as piercing the veil. In washing their feet, Yeshua our High Priest was re-establishing the original order of the firstborn as priests, which had been set-aside for a season at Mount Sinai. Yeshua now bestowed this calling upon His disciples/talmudim. This is the restoration and redemption of the firstborn - Yeshua’s priesthood (Exodus 13:2; Numbers 3:12-13; 8:16-19; Hebrews 8:1-2).
The original pattern of the firstborn priesthood had been concealed (in grave clothes since Mount Sinai. Yeshua came to die for His Bride and to restore her. This occurred during the Feast of Passover and at the Feast of Pentecost / Shavuot after His resurrection (Acts 2).
Why the Feast of Shavuot? Shavuot is the empowering of the Bride. Yeshua, the manifested Word came to redeem His lost. The Holy Spirit/Ruach confirmed the two witnesses of heaven and of earth when water and blood poured from Yeshua’s pierced heart at His crucifixion. This proved Yeshua was the manifested word of the Father that had been heard since the beginning/Genesis. Those who were in agreement with this Truth, of heaven and earth, at the Feast of Shavuot were all filled with the Truth/Holy Spirit/Ruach that day (Acts 2; 1John 5:6-8 KJV/NKJV).
- Acts 1:1-5, 8-9 “The former account I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus/Yeshua began both to do and teach, until the day in which He [Yeshua] was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen, to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God. And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, ‘which,’ He said, ‘you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.’ Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.
As believers, all are given the Holy Spirit/Ruach HaKodesh upon the declaration of their belief in Yeshua when they said, “we will do and we will obey His word.” This makes our word/confession legal and binding on earth with Him and activates the heavenly Covenant to operate on our behalf: blessings or curses. The tongues of fire that we witness at this Shavuot/Pentecost in Acts 2 were for the redemption of the firstborn. We see a marked difference with the believers after this Feast Day. They had more confidence in knowing who they were and in their walk of holiness. This is the work of the Ruach. It was only when the two witnesses of heaven and earth came together in the believer’s heart that they were filled with tongues of fire. Thus we see this happening with the 120 in the upper room, who were all in one accord. Later Peter addressed those who were not in one accord with the word of the Father to repent. Once they did, they too were touched with tongues of fire. Signs and wonders will follow those who walk in one accord. All who follow Yeshua today have the same opportunity of entering His restored firstborn Priesthood (the Bride), no matter what background or nation they are from. In Yeshua, all has been made ready (appropriated) for the believers/talmudim, but just like Peter before Acts 2, not all understand. The way into His Bridal Chamber, the Holy of Holies has not changed. It is only through believing in who Yeshua is and by observing His word (holiness) that legally establishes His work on earth. His desire is for His true Bride to reveal herself; one without spot or wrinkle, the one He has been waiting for (Numbers 3:12-13; Acts 2).
- Malachi 4:4-6 “Remember the Law of Moses, My servant, which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments. Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD/Yahweh. And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.”
The Eight Steps of the Priesthood
- Circumcision –The first step in a believer’s walk toward the priesthood is by way of the brazen altar, which is in the outer court of the Tabernacle. Here circumcision of the heart occurs. All old unrighteous ways, worship and beliefs are surrendered here and repented for. After forgiveness, the believer then takes time to offer a thanksgiving offering of praise to Yeshua (Colossians 2:11).
- Offering - The thanksgiving offering of praise represents the believer’s decision to walk in agreement with the word in a redeemed lifestyle as written in His Marriage Covenant (Moses at Mount Sinai) (Romans 12:1-2; Ephesians 5:2; Hebrews 13:15; 1John 5:6-8 KJV/NKNV).
- Removing Filthy Garments – This is the time of casting off the old identity that had entombed the believer in captivity for so long. Now with the two elements (as mentioned above) operating in the believer’s heart they are no longer considered a stranger or an alien to the Covenant (as outlined in the Mosaic Covenant) but are deemed true natural born Israelites grafted into the true Tree of Life, Yeshua - The Root (Romans 13:12; Ephesians 4:22; Colossians 3:8-9).
- A Baptism/Mikvah at the Laver to fulfill the right of return requirements for the returning believer. The mikvah is a washing function on an earthly level that confirms a heavenly principle. This reveals a maturing process and represents a status change (transfiguration) from the common nature of the believer, to one who is walking in accord with the word, thus represent Yeshua’s firstborn priesthood. This is not only a physical washing but also the sanctifying cleansing of the Word upon the heart of the believer. Without the mikvah, the believer/Bride will not be able to enter the Tabernacle service of the priesthood. This action is not a one-time event but an on going process in the walk of redemption (Ephesians 5:26).
- New Garments - At this stage, the believer is still in the outer courtyard outside the Tabernacle having just taken part in the laver (ritual cleansing). They are now standing before the door that leads into the Tabernacle. This is where the cleansed, transformed sanctified believer is fitted with new white linen priestly clothing– called the wedding garment. Only those wearing white linen are allowed into the Tabernacle. This again is a physical act of a heavenly principle. The garment is obtained individually through the righteous walk of the believer according to the word. One who discerns the difference between the clean and holy versus unclean and the unholy, who acts out the principles of holiness by keeping the Sabbath, worshiping Yahweh’s Feast Days and celebrating His New Moon/Rosh Chodesh Feast. Walking in the heavenly principles in the Spirit of Yeshua forms the wedding garments. Without these garments the believer will not be able to serve as a priest/Bride in the Tabernacle before Yahweh or in the Holy of Holies were the wedding will be taking place on the Feast of Yom Kippur.
- New Beginnings – Once fully inscribed with understanding and actively participating in the Heavenly directives on earth, the believer/Bride may serve before the King.
- Ezekiel 44:10-16 “And the Levites who went far from Me, when Israel went astray, who strayed away from Me after their idols, they shall bear their iniquity. Yet they shall be ministers in My sanctuary, as gatekeepers of the house and ministers of the house; they shall slay the burnt offering and the sacrifice for the people, and they shall stand before them to minister to them. Because they ministered to them before their idols and caused the house of Israel to fall into iniquity, therefore I have raised My hand in an oath against them,” says the Lord GOD, “that they shall bear their iniquity. And they shall not come near Me to minister to Me as priest, nor come near any of My holy things, nor into the Most Holy Place; but they shall bear their shame and their abominations which they have committed. Nevertheless I will make them keep charge of the temple, for all its work, and for all that has to be done in it. But the priests, the Levites, the sons of Zadok, who kept charge of My sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from Me, they shall come near Me to minister to Me; and they shall stand before Me to offer to Me the fat and the blood,” says the Lord GOD. “They shall enter My sanctuary, and they shall come near My table to minister to Me, and they shall keep My charge.”
The whole New Testament/Brit Chadashah is dedicated to the forming of the righteous acts and protocol of the believer, and to facilitate the Bride being fitted with white linen priestly wedding garments for her wedding.
- Matthew 22:11-14 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man [believer] there who did not have on a wedding garment [white linen priestly garments – obtained by walking in Yeshua’s right ways/principles]. So he said to him, ‘Friend [Believer – anointed to serve as a priest], how did you come in here without a wedding garment?’ [A Believer, whose walk does not match their confession – has not been a doer of the Yeshua’s Word]. And he [the believer] was speechless [had no defense]. Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him [the believer] hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ For many are called, but few are chosen [many are called but few choose to walk in His righteous ways].”
Anointing and Consecration for the Office of Priesthood
- Leviticus 8:23-24 “Also he took some of its [the ram of consecration] blood and put it on the tip of Aaron’s right ear, on the thumb of his right hand, and on the big toe of his right foot. Then he brought Aaron’s sons. And Moses put some of the blood on the tips of their right ears, on the thumbs of their right hands, and on the big toes of their right feet.”
- Leviticus 8:35 “Therefore you [Aaron and his sons] shall stay at the door of the Tabernacle of meeting day and night for seven days, and keep the charge of Yahweh, so that you may not die; for so I have been commanded.”
Only after the priestly consecration ceremony were the Levitical Kohaths, who were anointed for the priesthood, allowed to enter into the Tabernacle. These are the doers of His word.
- James 1:17-26 “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures. So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of Yahweh. Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls. But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty [Torah] and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.”
The Sacred Portion
- Deuteronomy 26:12-13 “When you have set aside in full the tenth part of your yield in the third year, the year of the tithe and have given it to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat their fill in your settlements, you shall declare before Yahweh: ‘I have cleared out the consecrated portion from the house; and I have given it to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, just as You commanded me.’”
In past studies, we have learned that the tithe carries an eternal universal element. When we participate in a heavenly principle and mirror this with an earthly response, the Holy Spirit/Ruach HaKodesh empowers it. The tithe carries that benefit for both the giver and the receiver. In Exodus chapters 25 and 35 we learned that the Tabernacle was built on offerings, maintained on the tithes, and throughout Scripture, sustained those who taught and maintained the true Tabernacle among His people.
As believers, the temple has been restored through Yeshua in us. We are called to be guardians of His word, and as such it is our job to care and maintain the Tabernacle. This is an action of the heart – as without the giving and receiving of the tithe there is no Tabernacle - and a Bride without a Tabernacle is a Bride without a Bridal Chamber. Thus it is essential that we (priests) in Yeshua give our tithes and offerings (Ezekiel 43:10-12).
- Isaiah 66:1-2 “Thus says Yahweh: ‘Heaven is My throne, and earth is My footstool. Where is the house [Tabernacle] that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest? For all those things My hand has made, and all those things exist,’ Says Yahweh. ‘But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, and who trembles at My word.’”
When we have finished setting aside a tenth of all Yahweh has given us, we stand before Him saying,
“I have removed from my house the sacred portion and have given it to the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless and the widow according to all you commanded. I have not turned aside from your commands nor have I forgotten any of them. Look down from heaven, your holy dwelling place, and bless your people Israel and the land you have given us as your promised on oath to our forefathers, a land flowing with milk and honey” (Deuteronomy 26:13-15).
Created to Be Doers of His Word
- Deuteronomy 26:16-19 “This day Yahweh commands you to observe these statutes and judgments; therefore you shall be careful to observe them with all your heart and with all your soul. Today you have proclaimed Yahweh to be your Elohim, and that you will walk in His ways and keep His statutes, His commandments, and His judgments, and that you will obey His voice. Also today Yahweh has proclaimed you to be His special people, just as He promised you, that you should keep all His commandments, and that He will set you high above all nations which He has made, in praise, in name, and in honor, and that you may be a holy people to Yahweh, just as He has spoken.”
The Israelites’ obedience to Yeshua’s heavenly ways on earth literally fulfills and renews the Covenant given to them through Moses at Mount Sinai. When we return in obedience to Yeshua by applying His Heavenly ways on earth, we too are drawn from the wilderness to fulfill our destiny as the promised seed in the Land of Israel (Exodus 19-24).
- James 1:25 “But he who [1.] looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and [2.] is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.”
- Luke 11:28 But He [Yeshua] said, “On the contrary, blessed are those who [1.] hear the word of God, and [2.] observe it.”
The Memorial Altar
- Deuteronomy 27:2-8 “When you have crossed the Jordan into the land Yahweh is giving you, set up some large stones. Write on them all the words of this law. And set up these stones on Mount Ebal, as I command you today, and coat them with plaster. Build an altar to Yahweh of fieldstones and offer burnt offerings there, eating them and rejoicing in the presence of Yahweh. And you shall write very clearly all the words of this law on these stones you have set up.”
When Yahweh first gave this Covenant to the Children of Israel Moses built an altar and set up twelve stones representing the twelve tribes of Israel. He read the book of the Covenant to the people who then agreed with all Yahweh said. Moses then sprinkled the blood offering on the altar and on the people. This is called the Blood of the Covenant, which consequently sealed between them all the words spoken by Yahweh and His people (Exodus 24; Hebrews 9:18; Hebrews 10:26-31).
Forty years later, now on the eve of entering the Promised Land, Moses is again establishing this same Covenant along with the twelve stones before they crossed over into the land. The Words that were spoken over their parents are now very clearly written on twelve large stones for all to see. The stones were positioned on Mount Ebal and stand as a marker to the truth and a witness of the promises of Yahweh. These words still stand today and carry the same impact as in the days of Moses. Today, those who are in Yeshua have these very words written on their flesh. The Torah/Gospel is written on our hearts. He never leaves us or forsakes us (Deuteronomy 27:4).
- 1 Peter 2:5 “…you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha Mashiach.”
- Hebrews 10:26-31 “If we [believers] deliberately keep on sinning after we [believers] have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left [for us], but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of Yahweh. Anyone who rejected the Torah/law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you [believers] think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? For we [believers] know him who said, ‘It is mine to avenge; I will repay,’ and again, ‘The Lord will judge his people [those who say they believe in him].’ It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”
Deuteronomy 27:9 Moses and the Levitical priests spoke to all Israel saying: “Silence! Hear, [Shema] O Israel! Today you have become the people of Yahweh your Elohim.”
Thus, the Covenant of Moses is confirmed.
A Warning for the People
- Deuteronomy 27:12-13 “These shall stand on Mount Gerizim to bless the people, when you have crossed over the Jordan: Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Joseph, and Benjamin; and these shall stand on Mount Ebal to curse: Reuben, Gad, Asher, Zebulun, Dan, and Naphtali. The Levites shall recite to all the people of Israel in a loud voice...”
When Abraham was called from Ur, he entered the land and first stopped near Shechem to build an altar to Yahweh (Genesis 12:6). It was here that Jacob buried his family idols and grazed his flocks at the well (Genesis 35:4; 37:12-14). Joseph was buried here (Joshua 24:32).
In the book of Joshua we read how Joshua stood in this same location and confirmed all the words of the Covenant to the twelve tribes of Israel just as they had done in the time of Moses (Deuteronomy 27:15-26, Joshua 8:30-35).
- Joshua 24:19-27 “Joshua said to the people, ‘You cannot serve the LORD/Yahweh, for He is a holy God/Elohim. He is a jealous God/Elohim; He will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins. If you forsake the LORD/Yahweh and serve foreign gods, then He will turn and do you harm and consume you, after He has done you good.’ And the people said to Joshua, ‘No, but we will serve the LORD/Yahweh!’ So Joshua said to the people, ‘You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen the LORD/Yahweh for yourselves, to serve Him.’ And they said, ‘We are witnesses!’ ‘Now therefore,’ he said, ‘put away the foreign gods which are among you, and incline your heart to the LORD/Yahweh God/Elohim of Israel.’ And the people said to Joshua, ‘The LORD/Yahweh our God/Elohim we will serve, and His voice we will obey!’ So Joshua made a covenant with the people that day, and made for them a statute and an ordinance in Shechem. Then Joshua wrote these words in the Book of the Law of God/Elohim. And he took a large stone, and set it up there under the oak that was by the sanctuary of the LORD/Yahweh. And Joshua said to all the people, ‘Behold, this stone shall be a witness to us, for it has heard all the words of the LORD/Yahweh which He spoke to us. It shall therefore be a witness to you, lest you deny your God/Elohim.’ ”
According to what we have just read here in Joshua, we see that to be a “witness” (or a believer) the two elements are still observed: We must be honoring Yahweh first in our lives and do His will by walking actively in His word for our life in Him.
- Joshua 24:14 “Now therefore, [1.] fear the LORD/Yahweh, serve Him in sincerity and [2.] in truth [walk of obedience], and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the LORD/Yahweh!
Today we are learning to distinguish and understand the differences between the blessings and curses so that we do not bring sin or death toward us. These words given to Moses still speak to us today. This is why the Mosaic Covenant is conditional. This is our manual for life (John 5:46-47).
- Zechariah 4:6 “Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says Yahweh of hosts.”
Those returning to their biblical roots are finding there is a direct correlation between how we walk that brings blessings or curses in our lives. In the past, believers blamed Satan for any misery they were experiencing. This is true, but it is the believer who invites the enemy if they make the critical choice to disobey. If believers look carefully, they will come to realize that the lack of blessing may not necessarily have come from outside but from within, and need to examine their hearts. The curses can be a warning system, which needs our attention to make it right. Knowing Moses is how believers know Yeshua.
- James 1:14-15 “But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.”
- John 5:46-47 Yeshua said, “For if you [believer] believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me [Yeshua]. But if you [believer] do not believe his writings, how will you believe [walk in] My words?”
Blessings for Obedience to Yahweh's Word
- Deuteronomy 28:1-14 “IF you fully obey Yahweh and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, Yahweh will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey Yahweh: You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country. The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks. Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed. You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. Yahweh will establish you as His holy people, as He promised you on oath, IF you keep the commands of Yahweh and walk in His ways. Then all the peoples on earth will see that you are called by the name of Yahweh, and they will fear you. Yahweh will open the heavens, the storehouse of His bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. IF you pay attention to the commands of Yahweh that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom. Do not turn aside from any of the commands I give you today, to the right or to the left, following other gods and serving them.”
On the eve of the end of Moses’ life, he renewed Yahweh’s Covenant with the second generation of those who left Egypt. Likewise, just before Yeshua’s death, He renewed the same Covenant with His disciples. Today, the renewing of this Covenant is available to anyone who desires to walk in His ways. The Covenant that was written twice on stone tablets at Mount Sinai, then on the twelve stones at Shechem is now written on hearts of flesh and sealed with Yeshua’s blood, the Blood of this Covenant (Hebrews 4:1-13).
- Luke 22:20 “In the same way, after the supper [Yeshua] took the cup, saying, ‘This cup is the [re]new[ed] Covenant in my Blood, which is poured out for you.’”
Today Yeshua’s people are the living stones and the descendants of those who stood with Moses. The blood of Yeshua renewed this Covenant and literally sealed those who believe in Him. All that was given at Mount Sinai and that was renewed before entering the land is sealed within our hearts by His blood (1 Peter 2:5; Hebrews 4:1-13).
Seal: Strong’s H2856 chatham is a masculine noun, from the root hatam “to seal,” refers to a seal made of engraved stone impressed in clay or wax to authenticate a document as in covenant.
Our walk of obedience to the Covenant, called the walk of redemption, is the witness and is what creates His mark or seal upon us. Our job is to agree with the word thereby giving the environment for the Holy Spirit/Ruach to work through (Matthew 27:25).
- 2 Timothy 2:20-22 “But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. Therefore if anyone [believer] cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”
Blessings or Curses?
- Deuteronomy 28:15-44 “IF you do not obey Yahweh and do not carefully follow all His commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come upon you and overtake you” (Deuteronomy 28:15).
Henry Wright from Be In Health says,
“Yahweh allows curses to come upon His people due to our transgressions (sins), many of which go back to our forefathers. Transgression literally means to cross or go against Yahweh’s will. This is our active refusal to acknowledge and observe the Torah (Yahweh’s teaching and instruction) in our daily lives.”
“The Torah describes in detail blessings and curses as consequences of our life choices. As a consequence of our actions, we either choose His way (blessings), or suffer from the consequences of disobedience (curses) in our own lives. Both of which may be passed down to the third and fourth generations. Curses that are passed down from generation to generation are known as iniquities. Transgression is the disobedience we willfully do on our own. Our transgressions can become iniquities. The decisions we make today not only determine our destiny but could determine the destiny of our children and their future generations. It is very important to recognize these as sins in our life and to take responsibility for them. Then to repent, renounce and remove it from our life. Finally, to resist it [the temptation] and thank Yahweh for the victory in restoring you and healing you.”
“Do any of these following curses apply to us or to anyone in our family? These signs and wonders in our life are Yahweh’s warning that we may have stepped outside His instructions for life and are touching the realm of death. (Deuteronomy 28:46) Fear, stress and anxiety are a major plague in the people of America today. It is also the root of many diseases. Bitterness is a principality that hosts unforgiveness, resentment, retaliation, anger, hatred, violence and even murder. Attitudes of the heart are the basis for many physical ailments and diseases in people’s lives, diseases that can bring death. Disease comes from within.”
“Many curses are brought about by internal sins (iniquities) stemming from third and fourth generations or from this generation. The sequence of sexual sins may lead to mental/emotional breakdown, poverty then to rage/anger” (End of quote).
Seven Areas of Breakdown
Mental and/or emotional breakdown include:
Madness, driven mad (Deuteronomy 28:28, 34), confusion of heart or confusion of mind, depression (Deuteronomy 28:20, 28), a trembling heart or an anxious mind (Deuteronomy 28:65), anguish of soul or a despairing heart (Deuteronomy 28:65). The areas affected are described as the heart, the soul and/or the mind.
Possible symptoms/consequences: Confusion and depression and emotional roller coasters, rebellion.
Possible root causes: Earth worship (wicca, new age), occult involvement whether white or black magic and involvement in horoscopes, astrology, Ouija boards, tarot cards, etc., paganism, involvement in secret societies i.e., fraternities, sororities, Freemasonry, Lodges (Elks, Moose, Kiwanis etc,) spirits of fear, unloving, self rejection, torment, death.
Repeated or chronic sicknesses (especially if hereditary) include:
Plague or plagued with diseases (Deuteronomy 28:21), consumption or wasting diseases (Deuteronomy 28:22), severe burning fever (Deuteronomy 28:22), inflammation (Deuteronomy 28:22), incurable boils (Deuteronomy 28:27,35), tumors/cancer (Deuteronomy 28:27), scabs or festering sores (Deuteronomy 28:27), incurable itch (Deuteronomy 28:27), blindness (Deuteronomy 28:28), extraordinary, fearful, prolonged plagues like diabetes (Deuteronomy 28:59), serious and prolonged sicknesses or severe and lingering diseases like cancer or heart disease (Deuteronomy 28:59), every other kind of sickness and plagues (Deuteronomy 28:61). Either these are inherited through generations or self-inflicted.
Possible root causes: Bitterroot judgments or unforgiveness (especially towards parents, spouse, ex-spouse, and employers) or against anyone who abused or molested you, late onset of diabetes and asthma often result from bitter root judgments against your parents, and/or against present or past spouses, spirits of fear, stress and anxiety, spirits of infirmity, self bitterness, self rejection, self hatred and death.
Barrenness, a tendency to miscarry or related female problems:
The key phrase from Deuteronomy 28 is “Cursed shall be the fruit of your body” or your womb (Deuteronomy 28:18). This curse may affect any of the various organs or functions involved in procreation. These include: inability to conceive; a tendency to miscarry; fetal death during or before childbirth; endometriosis; failure to menstruate; irregular menstruation; debilitating menstrual cramps; frigidity; cysts, tumors or other growths or structural defects affecting any of the various organs connected with the reproductive process; any condition leading to hysterectomy; prostate cancer in men; low sperm count in men; sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
Possible root causes: Many causes relate to violations of the laws of Niddah (the Biblical laws of separation during the woman’s monthly flow or after birthing). Scripture is very clear about not having marital relations with a woman during her monthly flow for seven days (start to finish) (Leviticus 15:19-33). Cervical cancer or other female related problems can be linked to violation of this law. Other possible root causes are: bitterness or unforgiveness, fornication outside Torah principles which include adultery, oral sex and masturbation (which is a homosexual act called witchcraft), pornography, unrepented abortion, soul ties (flashbacks of past relationships), comparing your spouse parents with your own parents, spirits of rejection, self-rejection, self-hatred, and guilt; fear of rejection; fear of failure; unloving spirits; negative vows and oaths regarding conception.
Breakdown of marriage and family alienation:
Deuteronomy 28:41 “You shall beget sons and daughters, but they shall not be yours; for they shall go into captivity.”
Possible symptoms/consequences: Divorce, poor relationship with parent/grandparents/ in-laws, rebellious children, abuse to spouse and/or children, neglect or abandonment of children causing them to be orphaned, critical or judgmental spirit, accusations, envy/jealousy.
Possible root causes: Religious spirit, spirits of pride, anger, critical spirit, fear, occultism, not honoring your parents. Note: divorce will cause us to live in poverty for a season, whether spiritually, mentally or financially.
Continuing financial insufficiency:
Deuteronomy 28:17 “Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl or trough; you shall not prosper in your ways or you will be unsuccessful in everything you do.” The full outworking of this curse, however, is most graphically presented in verses 47-48; “Because you did not serve Yahweh with joy and gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things, therefore you shall serve your enemies, whom Yahweh will send against you, in hunger, in thirst, in nakedness, and in need of all things [absolute poverty].” Biblically speaking, God’s abundance is having all you need to do God’s will and something left over to give to others. We must recognize that there is a higher level of wealth than just the material (Proverbs 13:7).
Possible root curses: One of the biggest areas of continuing financial insufficiency is related to generational or personal sexual immorality, adulterous affairs, pornography, and greed. The spirit of lust is a root of both financial insufficiency and sexual immorality. Typically, when one is involved in sexual immorality, their spirit cries out in the form of anger and rage. Also fear of poverty will keep believers from tithing, idolatry of money, a generational curse, or accusing God of not providing or caring.
“You shall grope...as a blind man gropes in darkness” (Deuteronomy 28:29). Including: freak accidents, carelessness, impulsiveness, and unnatural impulse to do harm to another or to animals, an unusually high number of vehicle accidents.
Possible root causes: Self-sabotage, self-retaliation, victim spirits, spirit of fear, anxiety and stress, possible occultism (curse of death coming out of Freemasonry), molestation, abuse.
A history of suicides and unnatural or untimely early deaths, including:
Thoughts of suicide or trying to commit suicide, lack of joy in your life, critical or judgmental spirit, self-hatred, untimely death of family members due to murder, suicides, or diseases that took someone’s life at an early age.
Possible root causes: Abuse, molestation, occult activity (false religions) in the generations, often Freemasonry (there is a curse of death coming out of this), self idolatry, fear of tomorrow, fear of living, broken heart, self bitterness, murder, lying spirit.
Along with the list above, eating outside Biblical guidelines for our wellbeing further aggravates many health issues (including mental/emotional breakdowns, repeated/chronic sicknesses, and female problems).
We suggest that if a believer recognizes any of the symptoms above from Deuteronomy 28:15-68, the notes at the end of this teaching will help. Yeshua’s blood purifies His people, yet believers can incur contamination from sins coming from their own lives. The process of cleansing is our choice. This is not a salvation issue, as the principles (law) of the blessings and curses still apply under Yeshua’s blood. With the High Holy Days approaching this is a good time for repentance and temple maintenance.
The mikvah is a Biblical practice of water immersion through which people around the world for thousands of years have reached out to Yahweh for repentance and spiritual renewal. It encourages people to look for any known or unknown sin that they or their forefathers may have committed. After going through each section on the curses in Deuteronomy 28 listed in this lesson, ask the Holy Spirit/Ruach HaKodesh to bring to your attention things that may have been forgotten. Write down any curse patterns that show up in your life. Then invite Yahweh to cleanse you of all iniquities and transgressions through a personal prayer of repentance through Yeshua.
Mikvah’s grant believers an opportunity to close the doors on their former unrighteous ways and to have a deeper, more profound relationship with Yeshua. First believers must forgive themselves, and then forgive anyone who has hurt them physically, spiritually and/or emotionally (Colossians 3:12-13).
“Hebrew tradition identifies three stages in the process of forgiveness, whether you are being forgiven or you are forgiving other. The steps are identifies by the words s’lechah (forgiveness), m’chilah (letting go), nad kapparah (atonement). Forgiveness begins with the conscious intention to forgive. But if the process ends there, the feelings of guilt or resentment reappear when you least expect them. Letting go means, you no longer need the past to have been any different than it was. At this stage, you may remember the pain, but you are no longer consumed either with guilt or resentment. With atonement, you can accomplish something positive that otherwise would not have been possible. You still remember, and you still may feel the pain, but the act of atonement transforms the pain into a blessing.” Rabbi Ted Falcon, PhD.
In the month of Elul, the preparation month for the High Holy Days, many are preparing themselves for the Fall Feast days of Yom Teruah, Yom Kippur and Sukkot/Tabernacle by entering this soul search. People are coming to Yeshua confessing and cleansing their hearts and souls before Him.
If you do not know your Savior Yeshua Ha Mashiach we invite you to share this prayer with us:
“I believe that Yeshua of Nazareth is the promised Son of God, the Messiah of Israel. He was crucified for my sins, was buried and arose the third day according to the Scriptures. I believe He is ascended up into the heavens and all power in heaven and earth is given unto Him. I believe He has promised to return and all that believe in Him and are immersed into His name (lifestyle) will receive remission of sins, the gift of the Holy Spirit and citizenship in the Israel of God. I receive His forgiveness for my sins this day and confess Yeshua of Nazareth as my personal Lord and Savior.” Amen
Do you believe with all your heart that Yeshua the Messiah is the revealed manifestation of Yahweh’s word in the flesh?
Prayer of Confession before Mikvah:
“The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, I ask You to forgive me of my disobedience, my iniquities and transgressions. I forgive my forefathers for turning their backs on Your Torah. I forgive all those who hurt me physically, spiritually and emotionally. In Yeshua HaMashiach’s name I forbid and not permit any demonic influences from operating in my life according to Torah, and that your Spirit/Ruach HaKodesh be loosed to operate in my life according to Torah, to rule and reign in my life, and to help me walk out Your Will/Torah Principles. I ask this in the name of my Lord and Savior, Yeshua Ha Mashiach. Amen.”
“Hear O Israel, Yahweh Is One and the Only God.”
“I vow this day to love and serve Yahweh the God of Israel with all my heart and with all my soul, and with all my strength, and with all my understanding. I believe that when I walk in His words that are in my heart and in my mouth and before my eyes then it will be counted for me for righteousness. And God will not impute unto me unrighteousness, but will cast my sins into the depths of the sea, and He will pour out His Holy Spirit/Rauch ha Kodesh, upon me, giving me a new heart, and He will give His angels charge over me to guard me and prosper my ways. I believe salvation is not obtained by works of righteousness that I have done, but is obtained only according to His mercy. Hereby He saves me, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit/Ruach ha Kodesh, whom He promises to pour out on me abundantly through faith in Messiah/Yeshua Ha Mashiach, my Savior.”
Now after your confession of Yeshua Ha Mashiach, who is the revealed characteristics and attributes of Yahweh; immerse in the Mikvah.
How to take a Mikvah: Home Immersion
At home, fill the bathtub (or if you just have a shower with a couple of inches of water), get in, then turn the tap (or shower on) and let the water drain out of the tub while you submerge in the water. If there is a lake or fresh water source close to immerse in, all the better! (1 John 5:6-8).
Our prayer for you: “And the God of Peace who raised up Yeshua our Great Shepherd from the dead, through the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant, now cleanse you of all darkness and fill you with the brilliance of the Holy Spirit/Rauch ha Kodesh, making you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, though Yeshua, the Messiah, to Whom be all glory forever” Amen.
Parsha Va’etchanan: www.sheepfoldgleanings.com
A More Excellent Way by Henry W. Wright www.pleasantvalleychurch.net
Sheep Banner by Phil Haswell