KI TEITZEI - WHEN YOU GO OUT
Deuteronomy 21:10 to 25:19
1 Corinthians 7:1-10
As we continue to follow Yahweh’s words of encouragement preserved for us through Moses, we remember that these are the last statements he gave to the Children of Israel. Those living in the time of Moses and those today, are comforted by his fatherly counseled to walk in the teaching and instruction given by Yahweh to His people at Mount Sinai. These loving words of guidance are still applicable today, through the Holy Spirit/Ruach HaKodesh, and essential for His people to always remember and to apply in every aspect of their lives. Worship of the Word by the Spirit of the Holy One, as outlined in His Living Word, opens deeper understanding of Yeshua (Isaiah 46:9-10; Mark 1:14-15).
1 John 5:6-8
- 6 “This is He who came by water and blood - Jesus Christ/Yeshua HaMashiach;
not only by water, but by water and blood.
And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.
- 7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven:
the Word, and
the Holy Spirit;
and these three are one.
- 8 And there are three that bear witness on earth:
the water, and
and these three agree as one.” (KJV/NKJV)
Yeshua’s people serve in a shadow of the heavenly Tabernacle, which today now dwells within them. The Father’s Word manifested in the flesh through Yeshua and it was His work on the cross, when water and blood came forth from His pierced heart, that this truth was declared to all mankind. For the truth to be true there needs to be at least two witnesses. The three witnesses of heaven and the three witnesses of earth acting as one are the two witnesses. The Spirit, being witness in both heaven and on earth, testifies to this truth, and thus is the Truth. That which was spoken from the beginning is now manifesting. His truth is the only foundation believers are to put their faith into and build their belief on. This is the message of the cross.
- Isaiah 46:9-10 “Remember the former things of old, for I am God/Elohim, and there is no other; I am God/Elohim, and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done” (Mark 1:14-15).
- 1 Corinthians 1:18 “For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.”
Believers are also learning that the Tabernacle functions on the principle of pursuing His holiness. Their thoughts and actions reflect this truth as they set about to walk in the instructions given by the Spirit through Moses. There the focus is no longer on serving man but on serving Yahweh, the Living Word of God who walked on earth as Yeshua (John 1:1,14).
Laws of Separation: Marrying a Captive Woman
As we continue our study in Deuteronomy, learning about the moral and ethical codes in Yahweh’s word, we are studying how to discern what bears His blessings in our life versus what actions provoke the realm of sin and death.
This passage in Deuteronomy 21:10-14 instructs a Hebrew man in the proper steps if he desired to marry a woman from among the captives. He was allowed to do so if firstly, she had a heart after the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and secondly, if she desired to walk in His ways (Deuteronomy 21:10-14).
- Ruth 1:16 “But Ruth said [to Naomi]: ‘Entreat me not to leave you, or to turn back from following after you; for wherever you go, I will go; and wherever you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God, my God.’”
Laws of Separation: Capital Punishment
In capital punishment where death is the penalty, the body was prohibited from being left on the tree overnight or the land would become defiled, for “cursed is anyone hung on a tree.” This is a picture of us, as a believer. We had committed sins worthy of the death penalty. Yahweh foreseeing our transgression took our sins upon Himself receiving our death penalty that we may live.
- Romans 5:8 Paul said, “…but Yahweh demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Yeshua died for us.” He took our sin [curses] upon Himself.
- John 3:14-16 “And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
- John 10:17-18 Yeshua said, “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”
- John 19:31 “It was Preparation Day, and the Judeans did not want the bodies to remain on the stake on Shabbat, since it was an especially important Shabbat.”
- Galatians 3:13 Paul said, “Yeshua has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, ‘Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree’).”
- Romans 14:9 “For this very reason, Yeshua died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.”
Laws of Separation: Protection of Property
When we see a brother’s ox or sheep lost or straying, we are to care for our neighbor’s property as if it were our own. As it is commonly understood in Hebraic thought, animals often represent people in Scripture. In this case, the stray animals spoken of here can be synonymous with people straying from Yahweh’s teaching and instruction. We are to care for them until The Owner returns. He longs for their to return and desires to bless those who seek Him with all their heart, soul and might.
- Psalm 119:176 “I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek Your servant, for I do not forget Your commandments.”
- Jeremiah 50:6 Yahweh spoke to Jeremiah saying, “My people have been lost sheep. Their shepherds have led them astray.”
- Matthew 10:5-8 Yeshua sent out twelve disciples commanding them, “But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
- Matthew 15:25 “He [Yeshua] answered and said, ‘I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.’”
- Luke 15:3-7 Yeshua spoke this parable, “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep, which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.”
Laws of Separation: Dressing
- Deuteronomy 22:5 “A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman’s garment, for all who do so are an abomination to Yahweh your God.”
According to this Scripture, a man or a woman who wear clothes of the opposite gender is not showing respect to Our Heavenly Father. Some are wearing opposite gender clothes in order to take that identity upon them selves. This also is detestable to Yahweh. We see in the New Testament/Brit Chadashah where Paul is addressing this issue and teaching those who were cross-dressing in the congregations of Ephesus and Corinth. Today, some people go to great lengths to change their gender, even subjecting themselves to surgery in order to change Yahweh’s design, purpose and intention for their lives. Today our culture has become so polluted that it manipulates under the guise of political correctness as a way to move the pubic into accepting and even applauding a person’s change in gender as a brave bold action. The media even coerces the public to celebrate mutilated flesh and to see a dismembered individual as normal. With no guidelines, how are people to know the truth? If those who know the truth stand up and share they are shunned as being judgmental, homophobic or not tolerant of others. This distortion is brought on by confusion and disorder in the home. All of this is being taught by leading professionals in our media and educational systems. Very young unprotected minds are being programmed to see dysfunction as a normal acceptable behavior. They are taught to be inclusive of a society that is unashamedly changing Yahweh’s moral and ethical genetic guidelines and codes.
Laws of Separation: Contamination
The Torah lists three things that bring contamination on Yahweh’s people. They are people, buildings and clothing.
- People: Yahweh’s people can be led astray if they associate or listen to people who bear a false witness that is not consistent with His instructions for life. To be unequally yoked not only applies to looking for the right spouse, but also to family, friends, work associates, schoolmates, neighbors, acquaintances and includes multimedia and entertainment - anyone we allow to speak into our lives. We need to evaluate, using Scriptural guidelines, as to where we spend our time and with whom. We are to guard over what the Holy Spirit/Ruach HaKodesh has placed within us, as assimilation can be very subtle.
- Mark 7:6-7 “He [Yeshua] answered and said to them, ‘Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: ‘This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men’” (Isaiah 29:13).
- 2 Corinthians 6:14 Paul said, “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”
- Buildings: Yahweh’s people are not frequent establishments that can lead them into an unclean realm infect them in subtle ways. This separates them from Yahweh’s blessings.
- Clothing: Wearing clothes that are suggestive or too revealing can attract an unclean spirit toward Yahweh’s people. They can also produce the reverse; by causing other’s to fall into temptation because of what we wear and the way we wear them. The clothes we wear are a statement of what we believe.
In Torah, how a woman presents herself in the home and in public can affect many lives. We are called to be modest and respectful of others, and not cause anyone to fall. What is Yahweh’s standard? Do the clothes we wear show every ripple and dimple? Are our tops immodest revealing way too much flesh causing others to look or wishing they could find you a cover up? Do our children desire clothes of a sensual nature? Are logos imprinted on their t-shirts that depict demonic entities? These are areas of our dress that can bless or curse. This is why Moses was careful to instruct the people the right order.
Isaiah describes the exposing of a woman’s leg and the uncovering of her thigh as the way or dress of a harlot, and a profane pagan thing to do (Isaiah 47:1-5).
Even birds are cared for under Yahweh’s commandments. If the birds are so carefully looked after, how much more are we?
- Luke 12:6-7 Yeshua said, “Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”
Laws of Separation: Parapets
- Deuteronomy 22:8 “When you build a new house, make a parapet around your roof so that you may not bring the guilt of bloodshed on your house if someone falls from the roof.”
The Shorter Oxford Dictionary describes parapet as meaning: a battlement, a high defense and/or a breastwork. Further, it expresses: 1) a defense of earth or stone to cover troops from the enemy’s observation and fire; 2) a low wall or barrier, placed at the edge of a platform, balcony or roof, or along the sides of a bridge, pier or quay etc. to prevent people from falling over.
Roof can be synonymous with crown or head. We are told the mercy seat on the ark and showbread table both had borders or mini parapets around the tops called misqeret (Strong’s H4526) in Hebrew, meaning boarder, rim or fortress. Part of the high priest’s garment has a turban with a miter wrapped around his head like a border with “Holy unto Yahweh.” It is mentioned in Ephesians 6:17 and Isaiah 59:17 as the helmet of salvation. Yahweh is teaching His people to be responsible for their thoughts.
- Philippians 4:4-8 “Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on these things.”
The protection comes in keeping His ways and keeps believers from falling away. His Word is the armor of Yahweh. Walking away from His truth leaves believers wide open to the enemy. Mixing Torah with outside beliefs, cultures or religious ways is called syncretism and will open the door to curses. Torah calls people, not obeying or living inside its teaching and instruction, as lawless or wicked ones. This is not a salvation issue but one of how to walk in the gift of redemption and how to reap the blessings. Our protection is by staying in the ordinances of Yahweh’s principles, His parapet, in Spirit and Truth (1 Timothy 1:9).
Laws of Separation: Unequal Yoking - Seed
- Deuteronomy 22:9 “Do not plant two kinds of seed in your vineyard; if you do, not only the crops you plant but also the fruit of the vineyard will be defiled.”
This again is a teaching warning us not to mix unclean with clean and has as much to do about our sphere of influence (physically, spiritually and emotionally) as it does the land.
Laws of Separation
Genetically Altering God’s Original Plan = Poison
One clear example of mixing seed is when man genetically alters a seed causing it to do something outside of its originally created function. Yahweh’s seed is pure and designed to sustain life. Genetically altering His seed greatly threatens the balance of life in the universe. Those who alter Yahweh’s design, using genetic engineering techniques known as recombinant DNA technology or GMO (genetically modified organisms),are creating huge industries for themselves that are directly opposed to Yahweh’s Kingdom.
Industries such as Monsanto began as a wholesale drug house at the turn of the century. The owner’s son, John Francis Queeny, a Freemason, started his own chemical company in order to produce the artificial sweetener saccharin for Coca-Cola. Today Monsanto produces 90% of the world’s GMO seeds and is the leading producer of the herbicide Roundup. They also produced the Agent Orange, a defoliant, used during the Vietnam War, containing a highly-toxic chemical known as dioxin that caused permanent health issues for thousands of war veteran’s.
Monsanto also developed a bovine growth hormone called posilac or rBGH, a synthetic hormone publicized to dairy farmers as being able to greatly increase milk production by 10% to 25% and improve profitability. By 2008, a third of American dairy cows were being injected with rBGH.
Dairy cows produce milk in a cycle. If that cycle is altered so that the milk production stays at a high production rate longer, something the animal was not designed to do, it can result in added stress, sores and even mastitis infections. Any bacteria and antibiotics needed all seeps into the milk production. Not only does the cow suffer but those who drink the milk or consume the milk products (yoghurt, cheese etc.) are at risk as well. Further, studies have shown that there are more and more pre-teen 7-8 year old girls who are entering puberty very early prompted by active hormone levels in their bodies. The report also went on to say there was a rise of breast cancer in young adult women.
Through Monsanto’s chemical NutrSweet Company, they manufacture Aspartane, a toxic artificial chemical sweetener used in Diet Pepsi. Monsanto also has strong ties with Walt Disney Company through Freemasonry (See the last study Re’eh for more information www.sheepfoldgleanings.com)
To produce GMO products, DNA molecules from different sources are combined into one unit to create a brand new set of genes. This new gene (DNA) is then transferred into a living organism, giving it modified or novel genes. Monsanto has been given exclusive universal rights on the seed they create. These seeds are sterile so farmers are forced to purchase new seed each year, thus creating a huge dependency and world monopoly that no one can refute because of the patents in place.
This new industry developed the means to change the color, length, size and or behavior of a plant by taking specific gene parts and inserting them into other plant recipients that were not created by Yahweh to be altered. This then began the process of cloning fruits and vegetables so that each one would look perfect for the market place.
Taking a tomato to market could be a costly experience for the farmer, but with a GM tomato they could suspend the process on the vine (called vine ripe) and have it arrive looking just perfect for the consumer. Watchdogs of this industry say that the suppressant gene introduced can disappear or lay dormant once the tomato ripens. However, a report on GM products says that the suppressant code may still be in that tomato. When people consume this GM tomato, they may also be ingesting the suppressing gene, which in turn could suppress the human immune system plus hinder needed antibiotics in the future.
Another report said that the industry also inserted other genes (called marker genes) from different animal or plant sources to see if certain GM genes were working. In one experiment, they used the gene that produced the light from the firefly and inserted that animal product into the food. They then put this food in front of florescent lighting to confirm if the target GM was working – it glowed.
The GM crops need substantial amounts of nitrogen (the same type as used to create bombs) along with additives of insecticides, pesticides and herbicides for support of these crops. Some bugs they targeted became super bugs and immune to the insecticides. The herbicides became less and less effective giving way to super weeds. The chemicals also destroy songbirds, monarch butterflies, natural predators, bees, and other insects that are vital to the ecosystem. With all the chemicals used, the soil has become depleted and lifeless, with the water run-off affecting the water supplies.
Some say natural seeds are at risk of disease and so to protect against crop failure, bankruptcy, and starving people farmers were encouraged to use hybrid/GMO seeds. However, it is the GM seed that is the weaker seed, not the original that Yahweh gave to us. The problem is not with the seed, but with man not obeying Yahweh’s farming procedure written in His Word. Yahweh has very carefully instructed us how to farm, but many have not followed His instructions. Yahweh educated us that the food supply would be abundant and overflowing if we followed His protocol. He also said we would bring disaster upon ourselves if we mixed His original seed with manmade. Not only would the crops be affected but also our very livelihood along with natural disasters, diseases and plagues. Twenty-first century scientists took matters into their own hands and came up with a chemical compound. In essence they were saying that Yahweh’s seed was no longer able to supply man’s needs and that man can produce a much better seed suited for their modern day needs. After thousands of years of planting and harvesting, mankind has created Frankenstein seeds that have brought Yahweh’s cycle in some areas to a grinding halt.
The poor underdeveloped countries with millions of starving people could not afford this new seed with all the chemical and water demands that came along with it. In the late 1980’s in places such as India, local farmers were promised unheard of harvests and income if they switched from farming with traditional seeds to planting GM seeds. Farmers who had once diversified by growing as many as 30 different crops in their fields to support their families were now dependent upon just one. With the promises of economic prosperity they soon found this new miracle seed needing copious amounts of chemical fertilizers, insecticides, pesticides, and herbicides to maintain it, which took its toll on the soil rendering it infertile. As the quality of the soil deteriorated, the farmers faced zero yields and an inability to pay their debts. Three years of drought beginning in 2001 further fueled the crisis in India and farmers found themselves in spiraling debt with no income or foreseeable way out. They literally saw that trusting in the makers of this miracle seed produced death not only for their own family livelihood but also in the community around them. In despair, many committed suicide by swallowing the insecticide. Over one hundred and twenty thousand in one Indian community committed suicide when they saw the result behind the false promises of Monsanto’s GMO seed.
Farmers with large amounts of investment capital became super-farmers using GM seed while others went into organic farming or dropped out of farming all together. Thus we see the death of the family farm. Through these tragedies, nations began to see that GM seed actually did more damage than good. As a result many countries around the world are now banning the cultivation of GM seed all together.
Whole industries have emerged from the biotech science of gene alteration. Along with the seed companies, the chemical companies thrive, as do drug companies, especially in the application of medicine. All are programmed to nourish companies such as Monsanto and the huge GMO industry behind them. This eventually opened up for the way of animal and human cloning. The worldwide patents given these GMO producers are so encompassing and generalized that it protects this new biotech seed industry completely.
Yahweh has told us very specifically not to mix seed. This new biotech industry has become a degenerate and greedy market. The GMO products look like food, tastes like food – but its product is not fit for human consumption. They are trying to have us believe that the genetically modified fare is no different from the original heirloom foods our grandparents enjoyed. The US Food and Drug administration helps us think of it this way: “If it looks like a tomato, tastes like a tomato, and the company promises that it is very similar to the ‘old’ original tomato, then it is still a tomato.” Is something smelling bad here? Yes, they even tried implanting a gene from a fish into a tomato but they did not think people would buy a tomato that had a fishy residual smell! Food for thought. When live seed is manipulated so is the balance of life and nature.
Mayo clinic studies are finding that Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and Lou Gehrig’s disease are all associated with a particular protein called TDP-43. The tissue from 57% of the patients studied, who were clinically diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, had this protein present in their brain. TDP-43 behaves like toxic and infectious proteins known as prions; a destruction that occurs in Mad Cow (man-made plague) and Chronic Wasting Disease thateats away at the tissue of the brain. Looking for a cure brought doctors to see where this protein might have come from. Their findings brought them to contaminated meats. They found that confined animal feeding operations (CAFOs), where animals are fed unnatural diet of GMO grains mixed with antibiotics plus meat and animal byproducts was a recipe for the spread of disease in both animals and humans. Herbivores are not meat eaters. They also feed on grasses and herbs not grain. These tests were done over a four-year study and have doctors at Mayo wrestling with the fact that Alzheimer’s disease and Chronic Wasting Disease could be the result of Mad Cow disease – a man-made plague. Most mainstream restaurants and supermarkets serve CAFOs beef, chicken and pig. Answer to this dilemma? Eat biblically and avoid eating mixed seed.
For more information: IRT: Institute for Responsible Technology http://responsibletechnology.org
Back to the Garden
Writing on all this abuse, the long term affects on our soil, the foods we eat, our heath and growing concerns over these large corporations, it seems overwhelmingly beyond the local farmer and general public’s ability to stand up against GMO promotions and distributions. Today with all the information available on the Internet people are becoming more aware and better educated than ever before. This is causing many to want to participate in taking the land back and be pro active. But how is the big question and where do people begin? With all this negative information we want to bring balanced and practical help into the picture for people to think about and hopefully use. Below are two articles. Both contain revolutionary information with simple and easy to use applications that we can all implement in one way or another.
Yahweh’s Genetic Code and the Prodigal Son
What this very bleak GMO picture is revealing to us is actually how we look spiritually when believers take The Seed planted in them and mix it with the unnatural, immoral and unclean ways of the world turning it into a GMO seed. This is pictured in the parable of the Prodigal Son. Yahweh planted good seed in His son, but the son never appreciated or developed it. Disillusioned, the son left with visions of seeking prosperity out in the nations, only to find he was alone and on the verge of starvation/death, not life. Seeing the truth of what was in himself that wanted to take hold of him and mutilate The Seed made him return in repentance to the true Seed His Father planted in him originally. The truth was in him all this time.
Believers who think it is OK to indulge in other practices and what Yahweh warns against, that one lustful step can be a venomous bite that can lead them to poverty spiritually and physically. The story of GMO is about our hearts before Yahweh. We have to ask ourselves, “Are we a GMO seed or have we kept the purity of Yahweh’s Seed planted within us and are we developing it as He has asked us to?” The choice is ours as it was for the Prodigal Son. Will we seek what we think is greener pastures outside Yahweh’s Kingdom or open the gift He gave us? This is a deep soul searching question. It is time to return, prepare our ground and care for the pure Seed that Yeshua has planted within our hearts.
- Luke 13:6-9 He [Yeshua] also spoke this parable: “A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none. Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, ‘Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?’ But he answered and said to him, ‘Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it. And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.’”
Our lives are created in Yahweh’s perfect order and purpose, the heavenly pattern that He gave us to live by. Jacob used Yahweh’s genetic code to develop a vast heritage for his family. His flock was stronger and healthier than his father-in-law’s. Following Yahweh’s blueprint increased Jacob’s stock. He grew exceedingly prosperous owning large healthy flocks of sheep and goats, as well as camels and donkeys. As Jacob obeyed Torah and followed good farming habits, the land and the fields supported him and he became very affluent (Genesis 30:32-43).
For believers walking in Abraham’s Covenant (Galatians 3:7, 29), we are the promised seed, which ultimately got mixed among the nations due to our ancestors mixing with pagan practices causing them to be disobedient to Yahweh’s life instructions. Israel became scattered and went into captivity and even slavery because of not guarding over the Covenant Seed they were born into (Leviticus 25; 26:33-35; 2 Chronicles 36:20-21). The Black people, originally part of Israel’s twelve tribes, lost their identity due to mixing with the cultures. This eventually led to their forgetting their heritage as part of Israel altogether. This set them up for enslavement by African Muslims who brought them for collection along the infamous African Gold Coast. There they were sold to English, Europeans and American slave traders tied to the sugar industry. (Note: To this day, African Muslims still capture and use black Africans as slaves). This also occurred to the Spanish Israelites during the time of the Inquisition in Spain, the Russian Israelites in the Bolshevik Revelation and the European Jews during the Holocaust. Thus Israel became a scattered people into the outermost parts of the world. Many in utter deprivation and poverty forgot or denounced, through slavery, who they truly were. Untold atrocities occurred to Yahweh’s people from both Houses, whose ancestors turned their backs on His Covenant and mixed with other nations. Mixing Yahweh’s Seed is a poison that brings death.
Yahweh is once again restoring His people. His Covenant Promised Seed are those who desire to walk in redemption, are learning about clean and unclean practices, distinguish between the holy and the unholy, and love to observe His Sabbaths, New Moons, and Feast Days (1 Peter 2:9; Ezekiel 44:23-24).
Yahweh gives His people good farming habits written for us in His Torah for our blessing. It is time to prepare our ground, as He wants us to enjoy being doubly fruitful! When the land of Israel fell into the hands of the nations, Yahweh’s teaching was not observed. Part of the land became a desert and the other part a malaria-infested swamp. With the re-establishment of Israel and by observing good Scriptural farming practices, including the Sabbatical/Shmita/Yovel agricultural years of rest, the land is becoming lush again and able to produce vast quantities. Today, Israel has become a large exporter of many products. Not only is this happening to the Jews in the Land physically but also in the hearts of people who have been scattered throughout the nations for generations. They are being touched by the Holy Spirit/Ruach HaKodesh returning to their heritage as the Promised Seed of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Walking in His ways, by entering into His Covenants, Sabbath and Feast Days, causes believers to flourish among the nations - a mighty army is rising in Yeshua, preparing physically to return back to the Land (Leviticus 25).
Laws of Separation: Unequal Yoking - People
- Deuteronomy 22:10 “Do not plow with an ox and a donkey yoked together.”
Yoking two animals of a different size will cause chaffing that will eventually harm them. We are not to walk unequally. This will not strengthen the weaker one but make the stronger one weak.
- 2 Corinthians 6:14 Paul said, “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers [believers who are not doers of the word]. For what do righteousness [believers whose walk matches their confession] and wickedness [believers who say they believe with their lips but their hearts are far from walking Yeshua’s truth] have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”
- 1 Kings 12:4 “Jeroboam said to Rehoboam, ‘Your father made our yoke heavy; now therefore, lighten the burdensome service of your father, and his heavy yoke which he put on us, and we will serve you.’”
From this unequal yoking of Rehoboam, the House of Israel separated from the House of Judah. The re-gathering of all twelve tribes is a prophetic word from the prophets still waiting to be restored today. Only by unity - equal yoking - will the Two Houses of Israel be brought back together again through Yeshua and His yoke [Torah] (2 Chronicles 30:1-31:1; Ezekiel 37; Matthew 11:29).
Laws of Separation: Unequal Yoking - Fibers
- Deuteronomy 22:11 “Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together.”
Yahweh teaches His people not to mix wool and linen fibers. Between the two they share many benefits that are essential to our health. The Kohath priestly garments had a mix of wool and linen, however as to the garments Yahweh’s people are to wear, we are told not to mix. We do not have the true understanding as to why we are not to mix these two fibers but just because we do not understand a commandment does not give us license to ignore it either. Many authors have stated that it has to do with a frequency generated by the fibers. However, none were able to authenticate how the frequency measurements were made nor were they able to give an original source; thus information is pending.
Mixing wool and flax or linen is also synonymous with true believers mixing with people who say they are believers but still walk as unbelievers, by mixing holiness with worldly ways. We are not to become unequally yoked or we too will be ensnared by their ways and cancel out our “frequency.”
- Deuteronomy 22:12 “Make tassels on the four corners of the cloak [in Hebrew called a talet] you wear.”
The tassels that hang from such a garment are called tzitzit. They are traditionally made from white linen or wool cords with a cord of blue (representing Messiah) intertwined both through and around them. This signifies that the whole House of Israel are all one in Yeshua’s hand and always will be, reminding us that we will never be separated from His Word (Other colors are also used to represent a specific tribe or all twelve tribes). Does wearing the tzitzit apply to us today? We said, “We will obey and we will do” all the Words Yahweh taught us through Moses. Therefore this teaching of the tzitzit in the Gospel is for His people today. The tzitzit are part of the wedding garments worn by the faithful bride. (For further referencing of the tzitzit and how to tie them please refer to Numbers 15:37-41 and parsha Shelach www.sheepfoldgleanings.com).
Laws of Separation: Unequal Yoking - Marriage Violations
If a man marries, then states that his wife was not pure on their wedding day, thereby slandering her, the wife’s parents are to show proof of her virginity by the blood stained garment from the wedding night. The garment was the groom’s talet. This Scripture is for the protection of the woman in case a husband had impure intentions for a true marriage and just wanted to take advantage, and then discard her. In the case of a husband wanting a divorce, the protection for the woman is the GET. The offending husband would have to provide a certificate of divorce (called a GET in Hebrew) so that the woman would not be forced to live in the shame brought on by her husband. The GET is intended to bless her thereby freeing the woman to move forward in her life. Marriage is not to be carnal in nature but to be holy, with respect for both, thereby keeping the marriage bed undefiled. The Scripture in Deuteronomy 22 focused on the importance of both the man and woman being pure (virgins) physically and in heart when they enter marriage. This is Yahweh’s standard today set in place for the children yet to come so that the couple may have holy offspring and not bring contamination or curses upon the succeeding generations.
Remember, we are called to be a people who uphold His Truth and bring up sons and daughters who also honor their marriages as pure and holy in body, soul and spirit.
Both Houses of Israel have broken their wedding vows and have worshipped Yahweh by the gods of other nations creating their own sin of idolatry. Yeshua came to set the captives free. Yeshua has restored the Bride (Whole House of Israel) and wears the proof of her virtue for all to see (See Parsha Nasso Numbers 5 www.sheepfoldgleaning.com).
- Revelation 19:13 “He [Yeshua] was clothed with a robe [talet] dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.”
- Deuteronomy 23:2 “No one born of a forbidden marriage nor any of his descendants may enter the assembly of Yahweh, even down to the tenth generation.”
Conception outside marriage carries a curse down to the tenth generation on that seed. If Yeshua’s people find they have trouble entering in or find they daydream or lose focus easily when reading, praying or coming into His presence to worship, they may be carrying inherited blockages from their ancestors. Yahweh says that if His people repent and ask for forgiveness for the transgressions and iniquities (sins) of their forefathers to the third or fourth generation back, even to the tenth generation, and wash (mikvah), then they will be forgiven enabling them to enter more fully into the assembly and His Presence. Repenting with the whole heart breaks the curse and brings restoration. The Holy Spirit/Ruach Ha Kodesh is the Spirit of truth in Yeshua that gives the power to break down the walls of separation under the authority of Torah/the Word (Leviticus 18 and 20).
Laws of Separation: Uncleanness in the Camp
Yahweh’s people are learning there are various violations against His word that can bring contamination upon them and upon the camp. Lavatories are to be dug into the soil outside the camp. Raw sewage that if not contained is full of deadly toxins that bring illness and contamination to water supplies and rivers, preventing the land, the town and the people from flourishing. Recently Unicef reported,
“Globally, an estimated 2,000 children under the age of five die every day from diarrhea diseases and of these some 1,800 deaths are linked to water, sanitation and hygiene. If 90 school buses filled with kindergartners were to crash every day, with no survivors, the world would take notice. But this is precisely what happens every single day because of poor water, sanitation and hygiene.”
Free flowing raw sewage also represents a slanderous talk or criticism of others. In Hebrew this is called lashon harah. It is a deadly spiritual toxin released by the act of speaking slander into both the one speaking and the one listening. This creates curses or stumbling blocks in people’s lives to the one speaking, the one listening and the one being discussed. Lashon hara, speaking evil or slanderous thoughts of one another is an unclean emission that defiles believers and contaminates the camp. When Miriam spoke lashon hara against her brother Moses, she was sent leprous outside the camp for seven days.
- Deuteronomy 23:14 “For Yahweh your Elohim walks in the midst of your camp, to deliver you and give your enemies over to you; therefore your camp shall be holy, that He may see no unclean thing among you, and turn away from you.”
Our camp is to be a clean camp free from human contaminants (spiritual/physical) (Numbers 12:1-15).
Laws of Separation: Certificate of Divorce – The GET
When a married man finds fault with his wife he may give her a certificate of divorce called a GET in Hebrew. However, men are not to find fault with their wives. The only accuser of the brethren is Satan. Divorce is not Yeshua’s standard, as Scripture says that a husband must love his wife unconditionally just as Yeshua loved His Bride unconditionally and laid His life down for her (Ecclesiastes 9:9; Malachi 2:13-14; Ephesians 5:25-31).
- Matthew 19:7-9 They said to Yeshua, “Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?” He answered them, “Moses, because of the hardness of your[man’s] hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery” (Deuteronomy 24:1-4).
The Matthew Scripture is really dealing with the hardness of a man’s heart, which if hard, is in direct opposition to how Yahweh instructs a husband to be - full of love. It starts first with his heart loving Yahweh through obedience to His Word. This is wisdom.
In biblical times, a divorce/GET was allowed only during the betrothal stage but not after the marriage stage when the couple had consummated their wedding vows. At the betrothal stage, the man and woman were called husband and wife but not physically intimate or living together.
- Matthew 1:18-19 “Now the birth of Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha Mashiach was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit. Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not wanting to make her a public example, was minded to put her away [divorce/get] secretly.”
True marriage and parenting rests on both the husband and wife being equally yoked in the care and responsibility of the family. This was their pledge to one another at the altar, which takes a true heart commitment in Yeshua to make it work. However, there are some families where the wife and children have become spiritual widows and orphans despite the physical presence of the husband and father in the home. Sadly, some husbands have not walked as head of the home or shared in the responsibilities of raising their family together. This causes the wife to pick up the imbalance in raising the children, plus assume leadership and discipline decisions, in addition to the care of the home. Any problems in the home flow from the top down – first the husband, to his wife and then to his children.
Unfortunately some wives have been put in a position, through a death or a divorce, where a balance of responsibility is not possible. However, many single moms and single dads have been very successful in single handily raising children who flourish based on the protocol found in the Scriptures. I know, as I was one of them. Today, Yeshua’s faithfulness bears witness in the fruit of our four wonderful grandchildren.
Today divorce is common and acceptable in the world, even among Christians regardless of Yeshua’s words. Most marriages are performed in front of Yahweh in a Church setting surrounded with witnesses, and the government issues a legal license recognizing that ceremony. However, if a couple decides to divorce, it is exclusively done before the legal court system of the land, and not before Yahweh. Remember, in marriage, Yahweh holds the husband responsible for the woman’s wellbeing and if they divorce the husband is accountable. Because of this law, the husband must provide a “GET” for his wife. This will allow the woman to move on with her life and re-marry if she so chooses. Today many second marriages struggle to survive because of this law in the Torah that is innocently violated. The ideal in Torah is no divorce. Today Ephraim and Judah are coming home, many from various backgrounds, which may include numerous divorces (Jeremiah 3). Be encouraged, once coming into a Torah lifestyle the divorce rate drops to less than 1% as couples learn how to honor Yahweh’s commandments for a good healthy loving marriage that removes the curses and redeems abundant blessings.
Laws of Separation: Not to Oppress
- Deuteronomy 24:14-15 “You shall not oppress a hired servant who is poor and needy, whether one of your brethren or one of the aliens who is in your land within your gates. Each day you shall give him his wages, and not let the sun go down on it, for he is poor and has set his heart on it; lest he cry out against you to Yahweh, and it be sin to you” (Jeremiah 22:3-5; Zechariah 7:9 - 8:1).
- Deuteronomy 24:16 “Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor shall the children be put to death for their fathers; a person shall be put to death for his own sin.”
Laws of Separation: The Kinsman Redeemer
- Deuteronomy 25: 5-10 “If brothers dwell together, and one of them dies and has no son, the widow of the dead man shall not be married to a stranger outside the family; her husband’s brother shall go in to her, take her as his wife, and perform the duty of a husband’s brother to her. And it shall be that the firstborn son which she bears will succeed to the name of his dead brother, that his name may not be blotted out of Israel. But if the man does not want to take his brother’s wife, then let his brother’s wife go up to the gate to the elders, and say, ‘My husband’s brother refuses to raise up a name to his brother in Israel; he will not perform the duty of my husband’s brother.’ Then the elders of his city shall call him and speak to him. But if he stands firm and says, ‘I do not want to take her,’ then his brother’s wife shall come to him in the presence of the elders, remove his sandal from his foot, spit in his face, and answer and say, ‘So shall it be done to the man who will not build up his brother’s house.’ And his name shall be called in Israel, ‘The house of him who had his sandal removed.’”
Ruth 4:1-22 “Boaz went up to the gate and sat down there. Then the close relative of whom Boaz had spoken came by and Boaz invited the man to sit with him, as well as ten men of the elders of the city. When Boaz questioned the close relative if he would redeem the land Naomi was selling, the man said, ‘I cannot redeem it for myself, therefore you buy it for yourself.’ So he took off his sandal. Boaz took Ruth and she became his wife; and when he went in to her, Yahweh gave her conception, and she bore a son and they called his name Obed. He is the father of Jesse, the father of David.”
Isaiah 54:1-10 “Sing, O barren, you who have not borne! Break forth into singing, and cry aloud, you who have not labored with child! For more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married woman, says Yahweh. Enlarge the place of your tent, and let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; do not spare; lengthen your cords, and strengthen your stakes. For you shall expand to the right and to the left, and your descendants will inherit the nations, and make the desolate cities inhabited.”
“Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed; neither be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame; for you will forget the shame of your youth, and will not remember the reproach of your widowhood anymore. For your Maker is your husband, Yahweh of hosts is His name; and your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel; He is called the God of the whole earth. For Yahweh has called you like a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, like a youthful wife when you were refused, says your God/Elohim.”
“For a mere moment I have forsaken you, but with great mercies I will gather you. With a little wrath I hid My face from you for a moment; but with everlasting kindness I will have mercy on you, says Yahweh, your Redeemer. For this is like the waters of Noah to Me; For as I have sworn that the waters of Noah would no longer cover the earth, so have I sworn that I would not be angry with you, nor rebuke you. For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but My kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall My covenant of peace be removed, says Yahweh, who has mercy on you.”
“And all your children shall be taught by Yahweh; and great shall be the peace of your children. No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of Yahweh, and their righteousness is from Me, says Yahweh.”
Shemini Leviticus 9:1 to 11:47 Julie Parker www.sheepfoldgleanings.com
Food, Inc., Mendel to Monsanto – The Promises and Perils of the Biotech Harvest by Peter Pringle. Publisher Simon & Schuster
GMO info: www.besmeal.info
History of Monsanto: http://bestmeal.info/monsanto/company-history.shtml
Top 10 Facts about Monsanto: http://bestmeal.info/monsanto/facts.shtml
Tragedy of India: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmers'_suicides_in_India
IRT: Institute for Responsible Technology Jeffery Smith www.responsibletechnology.org
Back to Eden
Bear Creek Heirloom Seeds: http://www.rareseeds.com
Back to Eden: http://backtoedenfilm.com/#movie
Farming for the Future: BBC Documentary: http://earthopensource.org/index.php/news/59-a-farm-for-the-future-bbc-documentary
The Raw Milk Revolution by David E. Gumpert http://www.chelseagreen.com/bookstore/item/the_raw_milk_revolution/
Best Meal.com: http://bestmeal.info/food/rBST-rBGH-milk.shtml
Vanishing Bees website: http://www.vanishingbees.com
The Prodigal Son
The Hebrew Heritage of Black Africa Fully Documented Steven Jacobs and Moses Farrar
Arab Muslim and Slavery: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su9eKoCAjBU&feature=related
Parsha Shelach and Nasso by Julie Parkerwww.sheepfoldgleanings.com
A More Excellent Way, Be In Health /Men in the home by Pastor Henry W. Wright www.beinhealth.com
The Call of the Torah: Rabbi Elie Munk ArtScroll Mesorah Series www.artscroll.com
The Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament by Harris, Archer, Wiltke; Moody Press
Sheep Banner by Phil Haswell.