RE’EH – SEE
Deuteronomy 11:26 to 16:17
Isaiah 44:11 to 45:5
1 Corinthians 5:9-13
1 John 4:1-6
In the first three Deuteronomy studies Moses is reminding the Children of Israel to observe all the words of their Covenant so it will go well with them. In this fourth study Moses will give us more conditions to be aware of.
- Deuteronomy 11:26-28 “Behold, I set before you today a blessing and a curse: the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you today; and the curse, if you do not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside from the way which I command you today, to go after other gods which you have not known.”
Why did Moses set blessings and curses before the people? When Yahweh’s words (from heaven) were imparted to the people (on earth) through Moses, upon hearing the words, the people affirmed their desire to observe and obey all of them, declaring this on oath. Their declaration literally bound them to the heavenly Covenant and made it legal on earth. Moses returned to Yahweh with the people’s affirmation. God/Elohim received their willingness and proceeded to write the confirmed words for both parties onto two stone tablets. These words expressed what all had agreed upon. When two parties agree as one, what is legal and binding in heaven becomes legal and binding on earth. The Holy Spirit/Ruach HaKodesh acts as witness on behalf of heaven and earth, thus is witness to both parties (heaven and earth), thus the Spirit establishes the truth in the proceedings (1John 5:6-8 KJV/NKJV).
When there is a binding legal document, in this case Covenant, binding two parties, they each have their part in taking responsibility for their decisions. This will be seen through their actions. Thus Moses outlines the blessings and the curses to help us humans understand how to walk in Covenant relationship with our heavenly Father. If the people obey, there will be abundant blessings. If not, their actions will reveal their heart in that they are not walking in accordance with their confession, thus they induce the curses mentioned in their Covenant upon themselves.
- Deuteronomy 11:29, 32 “Now it shall be, when the LORD/Yahweh your God/Elohim has brought you into the land which you go to possess, that you shall put the blessing on Mount Gerizim and the curse on Mount Ebal. And you shall be careful to observe all the statutes [blessings] and judgments [curses] which I set before you today.”
These are the Statutes and Judgments
Moses goes over the statutes (blessings) and judgments (curses) one last time as a reminder so that it will go well for the people. The inhabitants of their promised land are steeped in pagan idolatry. It is like inheriting a derelict house that needs a big scrub down and lots of repairs before it can be move in ready. Thus Moses very carefully teaches how to cleanse the land of pagan idolatry. Otherwise it will be a source of assimilation if they do not attend to this right away.
We read in Judges 1:27-34 that after the Israelites entered the land the land still had not been cleansed. Rather, the Israelites compromised by co-existing with the nations living in the land of Israel. This brought defilement on both themselves and the Land.
- 1 Peter 2:8 “They [those at Mount Sinai] stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.”
Judges 3:1-6 reveals that Yahweh used the Canaanites to test this generation of Israelites (those who had not known war), to strengthen them. Once strengthened, the Israelites were to cleanse the land of their enemy. Instead, they resisted Yahweh’s instructions and went further into rebellion by intermarrying with the Canaanites, embracing their idols and serving their gods.
Many generations have passed since the time of Moses, Joshua and Judges. Yahweh’s teaching and instruction given at Mount Sinai is still active today but the evidence of the Whole House of Israel’s lack of obedience to His instruction speaks loud and clear, as the full Promised Land is yet to be in the possession of the promised seed of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Today, Yahweh’s elect are a blended culture.
- Isaiah 6:10 “Make the heart of this people dull, and their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and return and be healed.”
Re’eh – See to Do
The commandment is to see and then to conquer is still in effect. However, it is fear that keeps us from obeying and entering into our inheritance. If we knew we were willed a huge inheritance from a relative, how long would it take us to claim it? The same rules of inheritance apply today. The will was given at Mount Sinai. It was put in place when we agreed with our confession to His will. Our words made His will legal and binding on earth. This cannot be broken. Heaven and earth are witnesses to this fact. Yeshua’s death activated His will/Covenant, thus it is up to His people to walk in it or not. Are we be the generation that obeys His Words and actively walk in agreement/one accord with His will, in a holy lifestyle and inherit the biblical land of our forefathers? If we are indeed the fulfillment of prophecy and the generation to return home, what is holding us back?
- Psalm 2:8 “Ask of Me, and I will give You the nations for Your inheritance, and the ends of the earth for Your possession.”
It is with the deep-seated heart conviction that Moses wants Yahweh’s people to come to see/ re’eh the life held within Yahweh’s Words, as there is no other life outside of His words to live by.
We are studying the words of Moses led by the Spirit in order to obey Yahweh’s instructions. It was after the Children of Israel firstly agreed to obey the Gospel of Yahweh, that they then secondly received His instructions, the ketubah/Marriage Covenant. To love Yahweh with all one’s heart and with all one’s soul and all one’s might means that you will obey, guard over His Words, and live by them. This requirement is the key that opens the door into the Land and gives the authority needed to conquer it. Without obedience to the words spoken through Moses there will be no inheritance of physical land or the capability of conquering it.
Sons of the Living God
Many believers in Yeshua can neither relate to being part of the Nation of Israel nor see themselves there other than as a visitor since they have not been taught their biblical identity and so believe that the Land of Israel is only meant for the tribe of Judah – the Jews. Neither can these believers see themselves personally addressed within the Scriptures. Many believers have incorrectly been taught that they are separate, adopted or spiritual and not full blood brothers but second-class citizens of His Kingdom thus believe they can never measure up or be part of the physical inheritance of the land. As a result they do not really relate to Israel on a physical or personal level. They can say “we love Israel” but to physically go there permanently is hard to imagine. It is foreign to them, yet they are part of Israel.
The Word is very clear – when Yeshua (the Holy One of Israel - The Seed) lives in us, we are part of Abraham’s physical seed and heirs according to His Covenant. Scripture says that in Yeshua, we are His children, the sons of the Living God, representing His Temple and that we are doubly fruitful with full inheritance among the twelve tribes of Israel, Judah included! The commandment to all of Abraham’s seed (those in the Abrahamic Covenant) is to go in and conquer the land, not make treaties with those occupying the land, but to remove them.
- Luke 8:11 “Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.”
- Galatians 3:16, 29 “Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, ‘And to seeds,’ as of many, but as of one, ‘And to your Seed,’ who is Christ/Messiah. And if you are Christ’s/Messiah’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.”
- 1John 3:9 “Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.”
As believers, we need to remember that it is Yeshua, the root of the Olive Tree of Israel, that supports the tree and, because we have been estranged from our Covenant for generations, have become as a wild olive tree. We need to be grafted into the Commonwealth of Israel again. Thus is our duty and the depth of our identity and heritage in His family (Genesis 13:16; 15:18-21; 17:1-27; 32:12; Isaiah 48:19; 54:5; Hosea 1:10; Romans 9:25-28; Galatians 3:16; Hebrews 9:15).
Believers are learning how to pursue and walk in holiness, as this restores holiness in the redeemed and holds the Land. Without the instructions from Moses (the Gospel of Yeshua) holding the land will be impossible to do.
- Hebrews 6:1 “Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ/Yeshua, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.”
Yahweh’s Spirit is in the heart of the land of Israel (which is also a reference to our heart). Our spirit must conform and be filled with His Spirit. Walking in obedience to His teaching and instructions through Moses (the Mosaic Covenant) is walking in His Heartbeat, His Heartland. Following what Moses imparted at Mount Sinai restores right order and prepares the way for holiness. This is the foundation for the order of Melchizedek (a king and a priest) the restoration of David’s Tabernacle (the Davidic Covenant) (Revelation 1:6).
With the Davidic Covenant, we have settled our personal issues and have gone “on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works” (Hebrews 6:1). If the principles of Yahweh given through Moses (Mosaic Covenant) are trespassed, they then become a law against us producing curses not blessings. When the lawbreaker repents, fellowship with Yahweh is restored and separation repaired. This is not about salvation but is a matter of redemption and holiness. Redemption is a free gift of restoration given to us by Yeshua’s death and resurrection.
- Acts 7:39 “But our fathers refused to obey Him. Instead, they rejected Him and in their hearts turned back to Egypt.”
- John 14:21 Yeshua said, “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”
- James 1:22-24 “Do not merely listen to the Word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says [re’eh]. Anyone who listens to the Word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.” (Torah is not activated in his heart)
- Hebrews 12:14 “Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord.”
Purity and Holiness – Power and Authority
Pursuing purity and pursuing holiness are not one in the same. When we became born again we automatically enter into the Abrahamic Covenant and we received purity (salvation), as a change of status from the realm of death to the realm of life. We then become a redeemed people through Yeshua about to walk out a redeemed lifestyle. When Yahweh’s people obey the instructions of the Abrahamic Covenant, which are found in the writings of the Mosaic Covenant, they learn to walk out their redemption, which is the act of righteousness. To morally and physically walk out Scripture principles in the heart is the act of obeying and applying the Covenant (the Gospel) into our daily lifestyle. This establishes His holiness in our lives. Holiness is learned and comes when we act by faith to do what our Creator has taught us to do through Moses. We chose, upon confession, to walk in these instructions because we believe in the Gospel. Faith is what brings holiness (Faith in Hebrew thought is a verb, to act upon what you believe).
The Mikvah of Repentance Versus The Mikvah of Death and Resurrection
As believers, we all entered into John’s baptism/mikvah of repentance when we came to Yeshua, but who has fully entered into Yeshua’s mikvah – one of death and resurrection?
- Act 18:24-26 “Now a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man and mighty in the Scriptures, came to Ephesus. This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he spoke and taught accurately the things of the Lord, though he knew only the baptism of John. So he began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Aquila and Priscilla heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately.”
Yeshua’s mikvah produces newness of life called resurrection life. Yeshua’s is a change of status into a new creation and lifestyle, which is diametrically opposite to the former lifestyle and status we once held. After we have come to Yeshua, if we still knowingly choose to act in agreement with the old sinful nature like entertaining unclean things such as sexual immorality, lusts, evil desires, covetousness, anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language, lying to one another, adultery, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries - then we have to ask the question: “Have we truly repented and are we truly converted?” (Luke 22:32 KJV).
Yeshua, at the time of the Passover said to Peter, “But I have prayed for thee [Peter], that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren” (Luke 22:23 KJV). Yeshua was pointing out to Peter, a believer, that even after being with Him these three plus years, Peter’s soul was not yet converted/redeemed (Matthew 16:16-17). Yeshua was saying, Peter, your soul needs to be saved as your spirit is saved. Yeshua pointed out that Peter talked the talk but his walk had not yet acted in accord with His confession to the Gospel he had received; thus Peter’s faith was weak. As such, Peter still relied on himself therefore he was not in a position to lead the sheep or proclaim the good news/Gospel to others. Only when a believer is finished with mixing unclean habits with holiness can one walk in a redeemed resurrected life. We also will be weak if we are unfaithful to our confession to Yeshua’s word. If we are like Peter, our soul may yet have to be converted (1 Peter 1:8-11).
If we as believers still allow unredeemed areas in our lives such as the list above, the result will be a lack of the Holy Spirit’s/Ruach Ha Kodesh anointing and power in our lives. We then need to ask ourselves these questions:
- Have I truly been converted in my heart and is the fruit of repentance (Fruit of the Spirit) evidenced in my life to bear witness of this change, and is it noticeable to others?
- Have I truly believed and understood the true Gospel given to Moses at Mount Sinai or have I been walking in a counterfeit gospel?
- Have I truly entered into Yeshua’s mikvah, one of death to willful sin, with the evidence of resurrection life in my heart, on my lips and in my actions followed by signs and wonders?
The fruit of Yeshua’s Life within should be evident to all, as His fruit includes tender mercies, kindness, humility, longsuffering and meekness; bearing with one another and forgiving one another. If any believer has a complaint (offense) against another, even as Messiah forgave us, so we also must do. But above all these things believers must put on love. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Colossians 3:5, 8-9, 12-14; Galatians 5:19-23).
Presently there are many in the body of Messiah who are sick and have diseases. They say they have resurrection life in Yeshua yet are riddled with illness and diseases of the mind, spirit and body. Yeshua’s resurrected body is not sick or diseased. Even if we are born again, we cannot enter eternal life with willful sin or disorder still legally operating in us. Yeshua’s Priesthood / Bride is a holy royal bride and without holiness no one will see Yahweh. Believers need to be taught through Moses the process of sanctifying the soul that cleanses the heart just as Peter did (Hebrews 12:14; Revelation 22:12-16).
- 1 John 3:15 “Whoever hates his brother [holding unforgiveness] is a murderer, and you [believer] know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.”
While John the Baptist’s mikvah signifies repentance (the returning to Yahweh’s teaching and instruction/Torah), it is the Mosaic Covenant, which prepares the believer for Shavuot/Pentecost. Yeshua’s mikvah is the walk beyond Shavuot, where believers understand the blessings and curses thereby crucifying their old sinful nature, nailing it to the tree in order to truly enter resurrection life - filled with His Spirit. This is called redemption (Hebrews 6:1). Yeshua’s mikvah represents the Davidic Covenant fulfillment (Sukkot/Tabernacles), which is the purpose and goal of every believer (Ezekiel 37; 1 Corinthians 3:1; 1 Corinthians 14:20; Ecclesiastes 11:10; Galatians 4:1).
- Colossians 2:13-15 “You [believer] were dead in sins, and your sinful desires were not yet cut away. Then He gave you a share in the very life of Christ/Messiah, for He forgave all your sins, and blotted out the charges proved against you, the list of His commandments, which you [believer] had not obeyed. He took this list of sins and destroyed it by nailing it to Christ’s/Messiah’s cross. In this way God took away Satan’s power to accuse you of sin, and God openly displayed to the whole world Christ’s/Messiah’s triumph at the cross where your sins were all taken away.” (TLB paraphrased)
Acts of righteousness (holiness) produce wedding/priestly garments. It is only when clothed in these spotless priestly garments that believers may enter the Most Holy Place (Davidic Covenant). Having intimacy with Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha Mashiach, the Holy One of Israel, is through obedience. The acts of obedience are called acts of holiness and righteousness. Yeshua has gone before His people and prepared the way. The Book of Acts is devoted to those who learned to walk in His principles as recorded by the events, signs and wonders in their lives, all recorded for us in history to show believers the fruit produced by a walk of obedience. The apostles did not walk or believe in the merit of their own righteousness, but walked and believed only in the One who is righteous. Their willing obedience was that which produced His unmerited favor in them and toward others.
Yahweh is very clear about His instructions for our life in Him. He desires to have a relationship as a husband and wife have when they enter marriage. This only happens when we accept His calling upon our hearts and enter into a pursuit of holiness. That is the walk of the Bride. We alone release Yahweh’s blessings into our lives when we listen, obey and follow His teachings called: the Mosaic Covenant, the gospel, the good news, Yahweh’s teaching and instruction. On the other hand, we release Satan’s realm of curses when we disobey. Curses such as financial difficulties, health issues or family alienation occur when we step outside Yahweh’s covering, guidelines and provisions for our life. Checking with His Word spoken through Moses gives us direction and helps restore His abundant blessings through repentance (Psalms 38-39).
His Words held in the Covenant that Moses brought down the mountain with him holds the key and the entrance into the Land. Moses reveals Yeshua to us (Deuteronomy 9:4-6; 12:8-10; John 5:46-47; Hebrews 4; 1 John 2:1).
- Revelation 19:7-8 “Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife [believers in Covenant with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and those who have walked/obeyed His word] has made herself ready. And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen [priestly/kingly garments], clean and bright, for the fine linen [priestly/kingly garment] is the righteous acts of the saints.”
Blessings and Curses
Deuteronomy 11:26-28 “Behold, I set before you today a blessing and a curse: the blessing, if you obey the commandments of Yahweh which I command you today; the curse, if you do not obey the commandments of Yahweh, but turn aside from the way which I command you today.”
Exodus 20:20 Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. Yahweh has come to test you, so that the fear of Yahweh will be with you to keep you from sinning.”
Fear of Yahweh
In Hebrew thought fear of Yahweh is equated to knowledge. Knowledge is wisdom. Wisdom is found in Moses who reveals the intimacy of our Messiah through His teaching and instruction. On the other hand, all soul based fears separate us from Yahweh. An earthly lust based nature is a counterfeit kingdom. We need to know Moses in order to embrace and put into practice Yeshua’s wisdom/fear. This creates the heartfelt desire to pursue a walk of holiness (Proverbs chapter 8; John 5:46-47).
Mount Gerizim and Mount Ebal - Blessings and Curses
- Deuteronomy 11:29 “Now it shall be, when Yahweh has brought you into the land which you go to possess [conquer], that you shall put the blessing on Mount Gerizim and the curse on Mount Ebal.”
Mount Gerizim and Mount Ebal are about five hundred yards apart from each other at their base and situated forty miles north of Jerusalem in the Mountains of Ephraim, the territory given to Joseph’s family. The mountains are located close to where the great trees of Moreh stood, the entry point into the land for Abraham, and it was here he built his first altar to worship Yahweh (Genesis 12:6). The town situated between the two mountains is called Shechem. The Hebrew word shechem means: shoulder and the upper part of the back. Shechem was a Levite town designated as a city of refuge for the Children of Israel. It is also the burial site of Joseph.
Today Palestinian occupation dominates Shechem, which has been renamed Nablus. However, according to Scripture, it is to remain permanently Joseph’s land/Ephraimite territory. Thousands of years ago, Jacob’s other sons sold Joseph to a Midianite caravan on its way to Egypt. Today Joseph’s portion is still being bargained for. Joseph may currently be unrecognizable or hidden among the nations due to his pagan ways and looks, but his descendants are learning to return home by way of the law of redemption written in the Covenant as established by Yeshua. It is only a matter of time before the lost brother is revealed and the rightful land returned to help restore and protect the land with their brothers from the enemy. This can only happen if both Houses are represented in the land. Therefore it is vital that Joseph’s family return. Presently Joseph is looking for all of his brothers, and true to the biblical story, it will be Joseph who makes himself known to them while still in captivity. In the future, it will again be Joseph, through his descendants, who will save his brothers and bring them home. And it will be the House of Joseph, along with the House of Judah, who remove any occupiers from Yahweh’s property (Genesis 37:16; 38:28).
Today, less than one third of the land given to Abraham is being lived in. Of the twelve tribes of Israel, only the recognizable tribe of Judah holds what is known as the land of Israel today. Judah represents one third of the twelve tribes in size numerically. Two thirds of the twelve tribes of Israel (or the ten lost tribes) are still living outside the land and two thirds of the Promised Land is yet to be in their possession as declared according to Scripture. Therefore, all twelve tribes need to be in the land, walking in agreement to His word in order to take possession of it. The land, from the Euphrates to the Nile River, to date has yet to be completely conquered. Muslims, through Islam, are trying to possess the eternally promised portion given to Isaac, but the land does not belong to Ishmael’s descendants. This is why there are hotly constant battles within the biblical heartland of Judea and Samaria today.
- Genesis 15:18-21 “On the same day the LORD/Yahweh made a covenant with Abram, saying: ‘To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates - the Kenites, the Kenezzites, the Kadmonites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.’”
- Genesis 17:18-21 “And Abraham said to God/Elohim, ‘Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!’ Then God/Elohim said: ‘No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him. And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this set time next year” (Genesis 15:18-21).
- Genesis 28:13-15 “And behold, the LORD/Yahweh stood above it and said: ‘I am the LORD/Yahweh God/Elohim of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac; the land on which you lie I will give to you and your descendants. Also your descendants shall be as the dust of the earth; you shall spread abroad to the west and the east, to the north and the south; and in you and in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed. Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you.’ ”
Many believers fear the giants of the land and are speaking a bad report as did the ten spies who gave a corrupt account of Yahweh’s Promised Land in Joshua and Caleb’s time. Believers have to ask themselves, “Are these voices speaking the true Gospel of Yeshua?” Yahweh says we are not to fear the ‘itites’ in the land. Hehas commanded Abraham’s seed to go in and posses the fullness - 100% - of the Land. Is this a challenge for us? Yes it is. Has He already gone before us and given us victory? Yes He has. The Prophets wrote of it and the Book of Revelation confirms it. So why are we listening to others who continue to speak lies and give bad reports? We are called to be overcomers, speak the truth and go in and possess the land of our inheritance. How do we do this? Firstly, by being responsible within our own hearts to His word. We cannot defeat the enemy elsewhere if the enemy still lives within us. Therefore it is imperative believers be obedient to do their part in keeping their hearts pure. When Yahweh sees His people are faithful to His word, they will be given more responsibility and eventually, united with Judah, to be trustworthy stewards of His Land called Israel.
Matthew 24:45-47 “Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them food in due season? Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. Assuredly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all his goods.
Joshua 1:3-7 “Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses. From the wilderness and this Lebanon as far as the great river, the River Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and to the Great Sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your territory. No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land, which I swore to their fathers to give them. Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.”
Go in and Possess the Land
- Deuteronomy 11: 31-32 Moses said to the Children of Israel, “You are about to cross the Jordan to enter and take possession of the land Yahweh is giving you. When you have taken it over and are living there, be sure that you obey all the decrees and laws [of the legalized Covenant called the Gospel you vowed to keep that] I am setting before you today.”
It has been said; how we treat the word/Torah is how we treat Yahweh and how we treat the Land. All three are one in the same. The acquisition of the Promised Land is a portrayal of how we are called to appropriate our own hearts before Yahweh. To walk in the redemption we must strip our hearts - our land - of all unclean ways and destroy all traces of worldly, pagan activities of past transgressions (personal sins) and iniquities (inherited sins) that defiled us (Deuteronomy 12:2-4; and chapter 28). The instruction given through Moses at Mount Sinai tells us how to do this
The Process of Sanctification and Redemption
Today believers walking in the Abrahamic Covenant (salvation) are recognizing their need to repent if they have not embraced holiness (enter into the Davidic Covenant). Until now many have been in a state of lukewarmness, tolerating former sins that have become acceptable in the world, their communities and even in their churches and synagogues. The Israelites coming to John’s baptism/mikvah knew the word and the value of repenting as the process for sanctification (John 3:1-12).
Today, knowing we are Abraham’s seed/children but not walking in the ways of Yahweh’s Covenant given to Moses reduces the blessings in a believer’s life. It was for this very same reason John, who was a Levitical priest of the Kohath priestly family, spent his time outside the temple. He came out to meet with the wayward Israelites where they were at: in the wilderness. He taught with passion about the highway of holiness and how to return through the Gospel message given by Moses (Mosaic Covenant) at Mount Sinai. This is where the deep repentance lessons and the infilling of the Spirit/Ruach are found. Through heart cleansing the people taught by John were preparing the way of Yeshua by entering into His holy and right ways. These people are called the akrobustia (Strong’s G203 ἀκροβυστία), believers who had not valued their circumcision/born again status, now returning to renew their Covenant with Yahweh for sanctification through repentance (Numbers 19; Luke 1:5; 1 Chronicles 24:10; Isaiah 35:8).
- Romans 2:25-29 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you [believer] are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision (G203 akrobustia). Therefore, if an uncircumcised (G203 akrobustia) man [believer] keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision (G203 akrobustia) be counted as circumcision? And will not the physically uncircumcised (G203 akrobustia), if he [believer] fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law? For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.”
- Colossians 2:11-14 In Him [Yeshua] you [believer] were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ/Messiah, buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. And you [believer], being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision (G203 akrobustia) of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us [written in the law of sin and death], which was contrary to us [contrary to the law of Life – Torah, the Gospel]. And He has taken it [the law of sin and death] out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
- Philippians 2:12 “Therefore, my beloved [believers], as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear [wisdom/Torah] and trembling.”
- Isaiah 52:11 “Depart! Depart! Go out from there, touch no unclean thing; go out from the midst of her, be clean, you who bear the vessels of Yahweh” (2 Corinthians 6:17-7:1).
- Isaiah 61:1 “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, because Yahweh has anointed Me to preach good tidings [the Gospel] to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of Yahweh, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn, to console those who mourn in Zion, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of Yahweh, that He may be glorified” (Luke 4:18-19).
- Romans 1:16-17 “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ/Messiah, for it [the Gospel/Mosaic Covenant given at Mount Sinai] is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it [the Gospel] the righteousness [holiness] of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, ‘The just [righteous] shall live by faith’ [obedience to the Gospel …the good news].”
The sinful nature of disorder and dishonor must be crucified with Him. If attitudes like confusion, discord, strife, sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, rage, anger, malice, slander, filthy language, bitterness, jealousy, envy and hot tempers are still persistent in believers after they have come to know Yeshua as their Lord and Savior, then they are deceived and the truth is not in them. As such, their walk will not match their confession and they then re-crucify Him all over again. Unforgiveness is the unpardonable sin of dishonor against the Holy Spirit/Ruach HaKodesh. Why the Holy Spirit/Ruach HaKodesh? The Spirit is witness in both heaven and earth, and witness to our vow on earth to abide by His words. Therefore, believers, who think they are spiritually born again but morally and ethically looking and acting just as the pagans around them, are a grieve to Holy Spirit/Ruach HaKodesh.
- Romans 6:23 (Spoken to Believers) “For the wages of [the law of] sin [and death] is death [eternal death], but the gift of God [the law of Life - forgiveness of our sins through repentance] is eternal life in Christ Jesus/Yeshua Ha Mashiach our Lord/Yahweh.”
- James 1:20-21 “...for the wrath [the dishonoring nature] of man [believer] does not produce the righteousness of God. Therefore [believer], lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word [the Law of Life in Yeshua], which is able to save your souls.”
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 “Though I [a believer] speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love [the Gospel of Yeshua], I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I [a believer] could remove mountains, but have not love [the Gospel of Yeshua given at Mount Sinai], I [a believer] am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love [of the Gospel of Yeshua], it profits me nothing. Love [obedience to His Word - the Gospel] suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies [Yeshua’s words imparted to believers by His Spirit], they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy [His Word] in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. When I [a believer] was a child [spiritually immature], I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man [walked in agreement with the Gospel], I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.”
- John 14:21 “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”
- 1 John 1:6, 2:4, 4:20 “If we [believers] say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness [sinfulness], we [believer] lie and do not practice the truth. He [believer] who says, ‘I know Him [Yeshua],’ and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth [love] is not in him. If someone [believer] says, ‘I love God,’ and hates his brother, he [believer] is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?”
- 2 Corinthians 6:16 -18 Paul writes to the assembly/believers in Corinth quoting from the Tanakh, “And what agreement has the temple of God/Elohim with idols? For you [believer] are the temple of the living God/Elohim. As God/Elohim has said: ‘I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God/Elohim, and they shall be My people.’ Therefore [believer] ‘Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you. I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the LORD/Yahweh Almighty/Tzva’ot.’ ” (Leviticus 26:12, Jeremiah 32:38, Ezekiel 37:27, Hosea 1:10-11, 1 Chronicles 17:13, Isaiah 43:6).
Paul goes on to say, “Therefore, my dear friends [believers], since we have these promises [written in heaven on earth in Covenant], let us [believers] purify ourselves from everything that can defile either body or spirit, and strive to be completely holy, out of reverence for Yahweh” (2 Corinthians 7:1; Exodus 20:20).
Eating Blood Forbidden
- Deuteronomy 12:23-24 “But be sure you do not eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the meat. You must not eat the blood; pour it out on the ground like water.”
Not eating the blood is important for two reasons. Firstly, we do not eat the blood because Yahweh asks us not to. It is a matter of obedience. Yahweh says we are not to eat the blood so it will go well with us, and for our children after us. Disobeying this commandment from Yahweh will bring judgments (called curses) upon us that will pass to our children and to the third and fourth generations - our great grandchildren if we eat the blood. Secondly, we do not eat the blood as life is carried in the blood. If we eat meat with the life-blood (circulatory blood) still in it we ingest that animal’s life, including the animalistic behavior and mindset of the type of animal we are eating. Those characteristics can manifest in a human that may lead to compromise and idolatrous behavior, including fear, sexual immorality and occult activity (Numbers 25:1-3).
- Leviticus 17:10-14 “And whatever man of the house of Israel, or of the strangers who dwell among you, who eats any blood, I will set My face against that person who eats blood, and will cut him off from among his people. For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul. Therefore I said to the children of Israel, ‘No one among you shall eat blood, nor shall any stranger who dwells among you eat blood.’ Whatever man of the children of Israel, or of the strangers who dwell among you, who hunts and catches any animal or bird that may be eaten, he shall pour out its blood and cover it [the blood] with dust; for it is the life of all flesh. Its blood sustains its life. Therefore I said to the children of Israel, ‘You shall not eat the blood of any flesh, for the life of all flesh is its blood. Whoever eats it [blood] shall be cut off.’ ”
Blood and the Ruling of the Jerusalem Council
In the New Testament/Brit Chadasha we read of Paul and Barnabas making a special trip and requesting an emergency meeting with the Council in Jerusalem. They were asking for their recommendation of what was important to teach the akrobustia (Strong’s G203), believers who were returning. James, Yeshua’s half brother and representative of the Council, advised them to teach the Gospel that which was taught through Moses at Mount Sinai with the emphasis on,
- “To abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood” (Acts 15:19-21).
James quoted Leviticus 17, Deuteronomy chapter 12 and 19:26, and Ezekiel 33:25. The reason why the Council gave these four specific instructions was because they all had to do with blood in the diet. Restoring biblical eating habits is imperative for the believer. Obedience will help keep temptation of pagan customs, cultures and other unclean influences away. If not, the new believer coming into Yeshua’s lifestyle will have a weak spiritual resistance, which will affect their pursuit of a holy righteous walk and lifestyle in Yeshua. This is why the council also advised new believers to start observing the Sabbath, as it is in the Sabbath that the restored believers would hear all the Words Yahweh spoke through Moses at Mount Sinai - the Gospel.
- Acts 15:21 “For Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.”
The Jerusalem Council also noted that those Paul and Barnabas were ministering to were the same people noted by Amos in Amos 9:11 when he prophesied concerning the latter-day remnant that would seek Yahweh,
- “After this I will rebuild David’s fallen tent [the tabernacle/Covenant of David]. Its ruins I will rebuild, and I will restore it, that the remnant of men may seek Yahweh and all the Nations who bear my name, says Yahweh, who does these things” (Jeremiah 31:31-33; Hebrews 8:8-10; Amos 9:11-12; Acts 15:16-18).
Twenty-five years after Yeshua’s death and resurrection, the highest earthly court at the time, upheld the legalization of the Covenant imparted at Mount Sinai as the foundation for all believers. Not one synagogue, church or assembly at the time deviated from what was given at Mount Sinai through Moses. They deemed this the highest and most important foundation of the faith that Paul and Barnabas could pass on to the thousands of returning believers living in the Diaspora. The Council was so strong about the blood issue that they advised the instruction on blood be written down in a formal document and sent back to believers emphasizing this specific issue. This letter, directly from Council, was invaluable to Paul, as it affirmed him and supported his teaching, in that the people were indeed to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.
It was a very long trip back to Antioch. When Paul and Barnabas arrive back in Antioch what was the people’s response when they heard the written answer back from the Jerusalem Council: Were they excited or were they told to leave?
- Act 15:30-31 “So when they were sent off, they came to Antioch; and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the letter. When they had read it, they rejoiced over its encouragement.”
A spoken commandment or principle of Yahweh does not change. Yahweh’s heavenly and earthly courts are built on His commandments – He spoke and Creation came into being. His Word created everything ever created. Not only was this teaching on the blood principle mandatory according to the Jerusalem Council, all the disciples of Yeshua, the elders and believers living in Jerusalem and those believers living among the Nations upheld it as an integral part - the key - to the teachings of Moses for the believer’s faith, walk and life (Acts 21:25). Many years later when Paul returned to Jerusalem, the Jerusalem Council once again exhorted this same principle to him in Acts 21:25 as the foremost important instruction for those turning to Yeshua saying, “That they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality.” Three times in the Book of Acts, the Jerusalem Council confirmed this teaching of Moses as being imperatively foundational for those walking in Yeshua.
Yeshua said He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He does not change nor do His commandments. Only through Israel’s obedience to the Words given Moses can David’s fallen tent/covenant be rebuilt, and when restored it is called the renewed Covenant/Brit Chadasha, or New Testament. The Davidic Covenant (or re-newed testimony of Yahweh’s Words) is written to the seed of David for the sole purpose of the restoration of the House David. The words of Moses are still the foundation upon which we build. This is the Gospel of Yeshua. The New Testament/Brit Chadasha confirms this and quotes Moses in two thirds of its writings (John 1:1, 14; Hebrews 13:8).
- Isaiah 66:1 Thus says Yahweh: “Heaven is My throne, and earth is My footstool. Where is the house that you will build Me? And where is the place of My rest?”
The Acts 2 outpouring and the Jerusalem Council’s decision approximately twenty-five years after Yeshua’s ministry on earth were directly tied to the teaching given to Moses atop Mount Sinai. Today, this teaching has just as much power and authority as the day it was first confirmed and ratified by the people before Yahweh. Without Moses there would be no re-newed life in the Messiah, no Promised Land, no priesthood/Bride of Messiah and no authority on earth. Neither Messiah without Torah nor Torah without Messiah can contain what we need for a full life. Only Messiah in Torah and Torah with the Messiah’s Spirit gives LIFE to those searching for true resurrection life.
If we walked into a synagogue or assembly/church today, would we hear the Gospel as taught by Moses? Would we hear a good report about the Land? If we were on the verge of a huge revival with thousands about to return to Yeshua’s ways what would we share with them? Would we uphold the document written by the Jerusalem Council with the four foundational laws relating to blood that Paul taught in Acts 15 and Acts 21 along with the testimony of Yeshua? Which mission’s board or council would we obey today: man’s or Yeshua’s? (John 5:46-47; Hebrew 13:8).
Deuteronomy 12:23 “Only be strong not to eat the blood.” (Tikkun)
Ezekiel 33:25 “Therefore, say to them, Thus says the Yahweh your Elohim, ‘You eat meat with the blood in it, lift up your eyes to your idols as you shed blood. Should you then possess the land?’”
Yahweh instructs us through Moses not to eat/consume blood 10 times in Leviticus 17 and 5 times in Deuteronomy 12, which concludes with,
- “Be careful to obey all these regulations I am giving you, so that it may always go well with you and your children after you, because you will be doing what is good and right in the eyes of Yahweh” (Deuteronomy 12:28).
Many slaughterhouses today stun animals by the use of chemical (carbon monoxide), mechanical (steel bolt or gunshot to the brain) or electrical shock. These methods can cause stress, fear and panic in animals, which can have harmful effects that lock into the meat. Many animals are deprived of water, and any rough handling or exhaustion due to transportation also adds to the stress level, which in turn affects the quality of the meat. Stress prior to slaughter causes stored glycogen (sugar) to be released into the bloodstream. After slaughter, this is broken down in the muscles producing lactic acid spoiling the meat very quickly, which again affects the quality. Once the heart stops pumping, the life-blood has no means to keep it circulating so it stops and immediately begins to coagulate. All the contaminants contained in the blood then start to pool within the cavity. If the animal is not properly bled, the blood contaminates the meat, which then makes it unfit for human consumption. If an animal is handled in this manner the resulting ‘meat’ is the same as that of a strangled animal. Strangled animals are forbidden in Scripture.
Dr. Temple Grandin is a designer of livestock handling facilities and a Professor of Animal Science at Colorado State University. The facilities she has designed are located throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and other countries. In North America, almost half of the cattle are handled in a center track restrainer system that she designed for regular meat and kosher kill plants. Curved chute and race systems for cattle are used worldwide and her writings on the flight zone and other principles of grazing animal behavior have helped many people to reduce stress on their animals during handling.
- Dr. Temple Grandin HBO trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnI_Y8PyTHM
In a Biblical kosher kill (called Shechita in Hebrew) the heart pumps the life-blood out just before death occurs. Thus any impure properties in the blood are not consumed when eating the meat (Deuteronomy 12:25). Remember to keep in mind Yahweh’s words the next time we purchase meat at the store or order in a restaurant. Also, a halal kill is not a kosher kill. With halal, a prayer is said over the animal during slaughter giving it over to Allah and Mohammed his prophet, thus it becomes food sacrificed to idols. Halal is meat given over to an idol rendering it unclean for a believer to consume. This was exactly what the Jerusalem Council warned believers against.
Koshering or De-blooding Meat
Place the meat in a bowl and cover it completely with cool water, sprinkled liberally with salt and let soak 30-60 minutes. Thoroughly rinse meat twice with tap water and cook according to your favorite recipe. Remember, it is the life-blood or circulatory blood that is biblically unclean, not the liquid that makes up the meat. Barbecuing will also work well at drawing the excess blood out.
Falsifying Yahweh’s Gospel - A Warning Against False Prophets
In Deuteronomy 13 Yahweh says He will test His people to see if they will wholeheartedly obey His Words spoken to Moses by allowing a false prophet posing as a brother to speak a false gospel in their midst. If believers know and keep Yahweh’s Words they will be able to swiftly discern that false prophet among them. Believers are not to tolerate any strange words or allow anyone to plant doubt in their minds of what Yahweh really said. If we know His word we will not be enticed away from walking in His instructions. This is why believers are to know Moses (John 5:46-47). It is up to Yahweh’s people to understand their Covenant and to test all words. If we do not, Yahweh will continue to send these people into our midst to test us. If we tolerate them in our midst, perhaps under a false banner of inclusion or love, then the whole camp will become infected and weaken causing separations, and in some cases, completely dissolve.
- Ezekiel 13:2-9 “Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who prophesy, and say to those who prophesy out of their own heart, ‘Hear the word of the LORD/Yahweh! Thus says the Lord/Yeshua GOD/Elohim: Woe to the foolish prophets, who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing! O Israel, your prophets are like foxes in the deserts. You have not gone up into the gaps to build a wall for the house of Israel to stand in battle on the day of the LORD/Yahweh. They have envisioned futility and false divination, saying, ‘Thus says the LORD/Yahweh!’ But the LORD/Yahweh has not sent them; yet they hope that the word may be confirmed. Have you not seen a futile vision, and have you not spoken false divination? You say, ‘The LORD/Yahweh says,’ but I have not spoken. Therefore thus says the Lord/Yeshua GOD/Elohim: ‘Because you have spoken nonsense and envisioned lies, therefore I am indeed against you,’ says the Lord/Yeshua GOD/Elohim. ‘My hand will be against the prophets who envision futility and who divine lies; they shall not be in the assembly of My people, nor be written in the record of the house of Israel, nor shall they enter into the land of Israel. Then you shall know that I am the Lord/Yeshua GOD/Elohim.”
Leadership must pray and seek advice about separating a false speaker from their midst by taking them outside the camp seven days, where they can be placed under a mentorship. By the end of this reasonable period and only by repentance can they be allowed to return to the community. If he or she is found to be unrepentant then they will not be allowed to return into the camp. We see this same teaching on false brothers in the New Testament/Brit Chadasha in 1 Corinthians 5: 9-13 and 1 John 4:1-6. (For Jezebel spirit information please refer to Korach Numbers 16 www.sheepfoldgleanings.com).
- 1 Corinthians 5:9-11 “I wrote to you [believers] in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world [a non-believer] or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother [a believer], who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner - not even to eat with such a person. For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside [a believer]? But those who are outside God judges. Therefore put away from yourselves the evil person [the sexually immoral believer among you].”
- 1 John 4:1-4 “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha Mashiach has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ/Yeshua Ha Mashiach has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world. You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.”
- 1 Corinthians 3:12-15 “Now if anyone [believer] builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones [or a believer who builds with] wood, hay, straw, each one’s [believer’s] work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s [believer’s] work, of what sort it is. If anyone’s [believer’s] work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s [believer’s] work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.”
Biblically Clean versus Unclean Foods
Did Yahweh Really Say Not To Eat This?
Because Yahweh has chosen believers as the place where He wishes to reside, He teaches them how to keep His temple (the believer) clean and healthy. Yahweh’s teachings for His temple include what is safe for believers to eat and what is not safe. Unsafe things that Yahweh does not consider food will eventually harm His people if they persist in consuming it. This can trigger sickness and disease caused by the believer’s disobedience. In Deuteronomy wisdom is passed on from Yahweh for their health and blessings that they might know how to live a full more abundant life. This brings the blessings and keeps the curses far away.
- Psalm 38:3 “There is no soundness in my flesh because of your anger, nor any health in my bones because of my [own] sin.”
The animals Yahweh considers acceptable food for His people to eat are to be animals that have a split hoof fully divided and that chews its cud. If one or both elements are missing that animal is not to be consumed - it is detestable for them and unclean. Eating it knowingly when they have been instructed against it opens the door to compromise. This will weaken their faith and eventually bring death upon them spiritually, emotionally and/or physically. The animals Yahweh said are clean and good for His people’s health are the ox, sheep, goat, deer, gazelle, roe deer, wild goat, ibex, antelope and mountain sheep, for they have split hoofs and chew their cud. These are acceptable to eat.
The camel, rabbit, coney and pig are all very unclean things for them to eat and are called detestable to Yahweh. He says they will harm His people if they consume them. His people are not to even touch their dead carcasses. The pig is the cheapest of all meats to produce and is one of the most consumed in the world today. Any attempt to share with some believers that bacon, sausages, salami, baloney, hot dogs, spareribs, and other pork products are not good for them and they will laugh, saying, “they are no longer under the law!” There is a reason why we are to obey our Father, He cares about our health and wants us to have a long life. Salvation is not the issue here, but obedience.
Consider the creatures living in the waters. Those that Yahweh says are good for our health are those that have both fins and scales. If they are missing one or both of these elements believers are not to consume them. They are not food for His people. Those they may eat are fish like salmon, trout, halibut, tuna, etc. The water creatures that are detestable to Yahweh that are not food for His people are prawns, lobster, crab, shrimp, clams, oysters, mussels, shark, squid, octopus, calamari etc. All of these are Yahweh’s army of water cleaners and purifiers that are not fit for human consumption.
The clean birds like chicken and other domestic types are edible. However, the aggressive, scavenger meat eating birds like hawks, eagles, vultures, falcons, owls, herons and bats are not called food in Scripture and are not fit for human consumption.
Only the insects that are winged and have joints in their legs, like locust and grasshoppers, are food for us. Yum! (For a more complete list of clean and unclean Biblical foods see the reference section below).
If His people find a clean animal already dead, like road kill, they are not to eat it. It is not fit for human consumption.
Yahweh gives believers these instructions for their health. Disobeying His instructions opens the door to diseases that may even shorten their lives. Compare this to the full life that He has planned for His people since the beginning of time. What believers put into them physically and spiritually will affect them. The choice is ours. Who among us has innocently or knowingly eaten biblically unclean things after asking Yahweh to bless the meal? Are we in essence asking Yahweh to agree to contradict Himself and make the unclean thing clean? Many have done this in our past. Nevertheless, we cannot manipulate Yahweh’s word to fit what we want to eat. It does not work that way.
Some believers believe the food laws have been done away with now that Yeshua has fulfilled the law. But what law did Yeshua fulfill? Does it have anything to do with His dietary laws given to Moses? No, it does not. Yeshua fulfilled the law of sin and death and became the sacrifice needed for our redemption because we sinned (broke our vow).Fulfilling the law of sin and death is not a synonym for His dietary laws have been done away with. Rebelling against what Yeshua wrote in His Royal Law of Life by eating what He told us not to eat invites the law of sin and death (curses) to activate in our lives. Our disobedience will still give the enemy legal position in a believer’s life.
Yeshua has brought the Torah into its fullness, which brings life, but we, as believers, have a responsibility to walk in that provision. If we choose to knowingly walk against His instructions, thinking that we have some immunity over His principles that we agreed to uphold in the first place, but now consider we are somehow ‘under the blood,’ we mock Yeshua and put ourselves above His law. This is a grave mistake. Yeshua’s sacrifice means that we have been given the power to walk in His Commandments, to no longer succumb to temptations of the flesh but to overcome. The eating disorder issue can be the root cause of heart disease, cholesterol, high blood pressure and many other related diseases. It can also open up the realm of the occult. We will reap what we sow (Romans 7:7-8:17).
When we re-examine the food related Scriptures in the New Testament/Brit Chadasha, we discover many of them are about people using food as leverage for salvation, which Paul addresses and corrects. Another stumbling point due to the Hellenization teaching has been over Peter’s vision of a sheet (Yahweh’s Holy talet) descending from Heaven in Acts 10:9-48. The talet was full of clean and unclean animals. In Hebraic understanding, animals in Scripture are synonymous with people groups. The vision was not about food. Yeshua was instructing Peter, through a vivid picture, that he must not consider those who lived among the Nations (the remnant of Israel) as unclean (aperitome-not circumcised) when they had returned and now walking in obedience to His word (akrobustia-circumcised G203). Scripture also mentions that those who walk in the ways of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the Nations were to be considered native born and no longer strangers among them (akrobustia G203). These were now the people Peter was to walk among and teach. In Jewish culture at the time, shunning the company of non-Jews was expected, so this vision given to Peter required a heart change for him to obey (John 4:9; 21:15-17; Acts 10: 9-28).
Micah 2:12 “I will surely gather all of you, O Jacob [all twelve tribes]; I will surely bring together the remnant of Israel. I will bring them together like sheep in a pen, like a flock in its pasture; the place will throng with people.”
Acts 10:28 Peter said, “But God has shown me [through the animals in the sheet/talet], that I should not call any man impure or unclean.”
Yahweh says that believers are not to eat anything detestable to Him. The teaching on diet is foundational and elementary in our desire to obey His Word/Gospel. If believers obey the food instructions, they will obey His Sabbath, His Feasts and His Covenants, as they all go hand in hand.
- Deuteronomy 14:21 “Do not to cook a young goat in its mother’s milk.”
Boiling a kid in its mother’s milk was an occult from the nations. This is detestable in Yahweh’s sight. He forbade this for the well being of the mother goat and her offspring. Yahweh does not want this practiced in His family.
In Judaism, rabbinical law has added hundreds of more laws (called fences) to Scripture in the belief that it would protect the Torah from being defiled by man and also protect the Jewish people from persecution from the Nations who mocked Yahweh. One of these rabbinic laws was based on the Scripture above. They taught that cooking an offspring in its mother’s milk also meant that people could not mix meat and dairy products together when cooking. In Genesis 18:7-8 however, we see that Abraham mixed meat (a calf) with dairy (curds and milk), and served these to his the three visitors at Mamre. One of the visitors was the physical appearance of Yahweh in the flesh, Yeshua. As Yeshua, and those with Him, accepted and enjoyed Abraham’s banquet, it proved that what he served was in agreement with His principles as Yeshua would not violate or contradict His own word.
Yahweh warns His people not to add to His Word. Rabbinic law dictates the separation of all dairy and meat products. It forbids mixing them in recipes or handling them together in the kitchen based on Deuteronomy 14:21. To keep dairy (milchig) and meat (fleshig) separate, rabbinical law advocates households have and use two separate sets of dishes, two sets of cutlery, two sets of serving pieces, two sets of pots, two sinks, two work areas and, if it is affordable, two stoves, two fridges, and two dishwashers - all this based on not to boil a newly born baby animal in its mother’s milk.
The Jewish people are not alone in adding man’s traditions to Yahweh’s Word. From a church background, man’s traditions have taken Yahweh’s food instructions for their health and blessings and abandoned them all together. No longer are the food laws taught or applied in people’s lives. Eating the detestable is seen as a delicacy and if Yahweh’s dietary teaching is mentioned, people laugh at. Many who ridicule do not understand that the instructions regarding foods are there to bless and give health. Believers oftentimes join prayer lines or seek medical professionals for ailments that may have been caused by consuming unclean things that have brought on the issue they now have to deal with. Yahweh has asked His people not to eat the detestable. We need to stop and ask ourselves, are we obeying man’s laws or Yahweh’s laws? Which ones bring life and which ones bring death? It is a matter of the heart.
- Deuteronomy 12:32 “See that you do all I command you; do not add to it or take away from it” (Deuteronomy 4:2).
The Jewish people have added to Yahweh’s Word and the church has detracted from His Word.
Matthew 5:17-19 Yeshua said, “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”
Hebrews 13:8 “Yeshua is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”
Tithe – The Covenant of Salt
Deuteronomy 14:22 to 15:23
The next area under blessings and curses is the teaching on the tithe. Tithes are for the Levites, widows, orphans and poor among us. The Levitical tithe was to maintain the temple. Believers are commanded to bring in their tithe (or a tenth from their increase) for Temple maintenance and for the Levites’ upkeep. The physical Temple is no longer in Jerusalem, however Scripture says believers represent the Temple today. Our tithe is to support those who are true shepherds looking after the sheep according to His Word. When we sow into other’s lives according to the Word, not only do they reap the benefit but the sower does as well. This is the law of reciprocation. This tenth of the increase is to be given on a regular basis (not sporadically), as a joyful offering. It is interesting that after the tenth is given, the ninety percent portion that is left is for our personal use, and is called most holy (Leviticus 2:3,10).
Another consideration on tithes pertains to the biblical account of Abraham’s meeting with Melchizedek, the High Priest of Salem. Melchizedek brought out bread and wine to share with Abraham. Abraham then gave Melchizedek a tenth (tithe) of all he had received (his increase) (Genesis 14:18-20).
This Scripture portrays prophetic imagery for believers, as they are called the seed of Abraham through Yeshua. Melchizedek, a king and a priest, was the foreshadowing of Yeshua our High Priest, the Davidic Covenant and our position in His Kingdom. The priests handled the offerings. The offering, bread and wine were always to be offered together and not as separate offerings. This is why we see Melchizedek offering bread and wine to Abraham. Not only did this represent the honoring of the Covenant but Abraham also knew that these elements were to be offered with the tithe, which is why we see Abraham giving his tithe to Melchizedek. The tithe is called the Covenant of Salt and our holy portion (Numbers 18:19; Galatians 3:8).
When believers partake in the bread and the wine, their tenth increase needs to be presented. This confirms the Covenant and acceptance of Yeshua’s redemption within the heart. The bread, wine and increase offered through Abraham and Melchizedek happened before the Abrahamic Covenant, before there was an Exodus from Egypt, and 400 years before the law/Torah was confirmed at Mount Sinai. Therefore, this action by Abraham revealed that the offerings and the tithe are eternal in origin, from the beginning (Genesis 14:18-20; 15: 4-20; Exodus 12:40; Galatians 3:7, 17, 29).
Yeshua, the Lamb, slain from before the creation of the world, is serving in a heavenly Tabernacle today. Believers represent this truth on earth. Currently less than 2% are remembering to bring their increase. Not offering the tithe is one of the blockages preventing Yahweh’s blessings from flowing in a believer’s life (Malachi 3:8-10). We are of the royal priesthood of the Messiah, and as priests, by confession, we have sworn on oath to live by His Word. Believers are His dwelling place therefore they need to be faithful to this calling and faithful to bring their holy offering to HIM, Yeshua HaMashiach (Hebrews 8:1).
Deuteronomy 12:11 “Yahweh will choose as a dwelling for his Name, there you are to bring everything I command you: your burnt offerings and sacrifices, your tithes and special gifts, and all the choice possessions you have vowed to Yahweh.”
Isaiah 66:1 “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting-place be?”
1 Corinthians 3:16-17, 6:15 Paul said, “Don’t you [believers] know that you yourselves are Yahweh’s temple and that Yahweh’s Spirit lives in you? Yahweh’s temple is sacred, and you are that temple. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Yeshua Himself?”
Romans 6:1 Paul said, “Do we [believers] keep on sinning now that we have been purified? No!”
The Feasts of Yahweh
- Deuteronomy 16:1-17 “Three times a year ALL your men must appear before Yahweh at the place He will choose: At the Feast of Unleavened Bread [Passover], the Feast of Weeks [Shavuot/Pentecost] and the Feast of Tabernacles [Ingathering/Booths/Sukkot] (Deuteronomy 16:16).”
All Yahweh’s feasts are prophetic in nature and appointments in time where He has said He will meet with His people.
The Spring Feasts come first, beginning in the first month of the biblical Hebrew calendar called Aviv (also called Nisan) during the first barley harvest. All believers are to celebrate the Passover on the same eve as when the Israelites left Egypt. It is a night of perpetual remembrance, a time when together they are to eat roasted lamb, unleavened bread and bitter herbs, while sharing the story of the Exodus. It is the time when Yeshua also chose His Bride, as it is a type of our salvation/deliverance. The Feast of Unleavened Bread starts the day after Passover and continues for seven days. The first and last days of this Feast are to be High Holy Sabbaths. This is a holy time, a time of remembering Yahweh’s redemption, as Yeshua is our Sacrificial Passover Lamb who paid the price for our redemption and became the Firstfruits from the dead. In Yeshua we all are now His firstfruits from the dead (Colossians 3:1-17).
Believers are instructed to count seven Sabbaths or weeks (50 days) after the Passover. This will lead them to the next Feast on Yahweh’s calendar called Feast of Weeks or Shavuot (Pentecost). This Feast is where the Covenant, given to Abraham, was read to the people at Mount Sinai; not only for their generation but also for future generations (aka: all believers). Upon the people accepting of the Covenant, their words then bound them legally, just as a husband and wife are legally bound by their confession to each other in marriage. Yahweh then inscribed the now legalized Covenant onto two stone tablets as a witness and gave them to Moses. These Ten Statements/Commandments became the foundation and cornerstone for all believers. It contained all the moral and ethical laws for the Children of Israel. This Marriage Covenant/ketubah, called the Gospel, was the gift that contained the blessings (statutes) for those who walked in accordance to their oath or curses (judgments) to those did not uphold their oath. When Moses returned to camp with the newly penned Covenant/ketubah he saw the recently betrothed Bride worshipping God through the form of an idol - a golden calf. That day three thousand died because they had not kept their word, thus the Covenant became a witness against them. This same Feast Day, Yeshua many generations later, redeemed what was lost and fulfilled the written Torah that was now written on their hearts. In Acts 2 we read that on Shavuot/Pentecost three thousand were restored. In this way Yeshua fulfilled the prophesy in Jeremiah 31 (repeated in Hebrews 8:8-10).
- Hebrews 8:8-10 “Because finding fault with them, He says: ‘Behold, the days are coming, says Yahweh, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah - not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says Yahweh. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says Yahweh: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people’ ”(Jeremiah 31:31-33).
Following the Spring Feasts, there are three Fall Feasts on Yahweh’s calendar, all celebrated in the seventh month called Tishri on the Hebrew calendar. Both Houses of Israel, the House of Judah and the House of Israel, and those who sojourn with the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, are waiting for the fulfillment of these Feasts with great anticipation, as these last three Feasts are the call of the Bridegroom beckoning His Bride to come to her wedding.
The New Moon/Rosh Chodesh festival falls on the first sighting of the new crescent moon on the first day of every month. Rosh Chodesh reminds the Bride, through the blowing of trumpets, of all her appointments. The trumpets call the Bride to His rehearsals (feasts) twelve times (months) a year thus Rosh Chodesh is called the wedding procession of the Bride. It will be at the last trump in the seventh month that the cry will be heard - the Bridegroom is coming for His Bride!
Beginning on the first day of the seventh new month on the Hebrew calendar at the first sighting, two silver trumpets are to be blown. They announce the new moon, which starts the Feast of Trumpets/Yom Teruah. Yom Teruah is the Feast that proclaims the coming of the Bridegroom. Jewish people know this day as Rosh Hashana, a manmade feast celebrating a New Year. A New Year has nothing to do with Yahweh’s Feast of Yom Teruah. On Yom Teruah, the expectant Bride is one who has consistently rehearsed as per the Groom’s Words. She has been celebrating His Rosh Chodesh (His wedding procession) each month. By keeping His Rosh Chodesh along with His appointed Feasts and living in His Covenant lifestyle she knows the day and the hour of His return and is prepared with the extra oil needed. As she trims her lamp she checks her heart to make any needed adjustments before His arrival. However, there will be an unwise virgin / Bride who is not ready for Yom Teruah, seeing her lamp is about to go out. She has not followed His Rosh Chodesh or kept His Feast Days. If she had been rehearsing, she would know the hour and day and had the extra oil. On Yom Teruah, the doors open for the wedding party to enter. The virgin/Bride who is ready takes her brightly lit lamp along with her oil and proceeds to greet Him. Ten days of awe and perfection are fulfilled as the two come together to take their place (Matthew 25:1-13; Revelation 19:7-9).
The tenth day of the seventh month Tishri on the Hebrew calendar is the Feast of Yom Kippur, also called Day of Atonement. It is the holiest Feast of the year representing the wedding day. This is where those who have been faithful to do and obey according to the Bridegroom’s Words, is the one who appears dressed as the Bride in white linen wedding garments carrying her extra oil. The Bridegroom, with those who were ready, enters into the wedding and the door closes (Yom Kippur). Meanwhile, the unwise virgin/Bride who did not know the day or the hour return too late to enter into Yom Kippur - the wedding day, as the door was shut (Matthew 25:1-13).
- Matthew 25:10-13 “And while they [unwise virgins/believers] went to buy [extra oil for their lamps], the bridegroom came [at the announcement of Yom Teruah on the seventh Rosh Chodesh], and those who were ready [the wise virgins/believers - evidenced by their extra oil] went in with him [Yeshua] to the wedding [on Yom Kippur]; and the door was shut. Afterward the other virgins [unwise virgins returning] came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ But he answered [them] and said [to the unwise virgins], ‘Assuredly, I say to you, [the unwise virgins], I do not know you.’ Watch therefore, for you [unwise virgins] know neither the day nor the hour [of the sighting of the New Moon, which tells the day and hour] in which the Son of Man is coming [therefore, you, unwise virgins, missed My coming].”
Five days after Yom Kippur is the final celebration called the Feast of Tabernacles(also called Sukkot or Booths) and it is a seven-day Feast of great joy called the Wedding Supper of the Lamb. This is the wedding reception after the wedding (Revelation 19:9). The first day and the eighth day of Tabernacles are both High Holy Days and Sabbaths unto Yahweh. All at the reception will carry a lulav (the bridal bouquet) made from boughs of four different species of trees to wave before the Messiah. Yahweh’s people are called to live in booths for the week to cause them to remember that the Children of Israel lived in temporary dwellings in the Wilderness during their betrothal season with their Bridegroom and how He cared for their every need. It is in this Feast that His people are reminded of His great provision and loving care.
Shemini Atzeret is the eighth day at the end of the seven-day celebration of Sukkot/Tabernacles. This Eighth Feast Day is a quiet, holy time of reflection representing our final rest in the Messiah/Mashiach, the goal of the Bride’s redemption. It is a very special time. After all the wedding guests have returned home, the Bridegroom says to His Bride “Let us linger one more day and savor this moment together.” This one day represents a thousand years. The Jewish people have placed a manmade feast over top of Shemini Atzeret calling it Simchat Torah/Rejoicing in the Torah. Simchat Torah has nothing to do with Yahweh’s Shemini Atzeret Eighth Day Feast. To conceal this one day from the Bride, restrains her from entering her destiny. This Eighth Day is called the Millennial – a thousand years and is when the true Bride, the wise virgin, will be with her Bridegroom a thousand years. Therefore it is imperative that the Bride is watchful and not distracted by a manmade celebration (Hebrews 3-8; Leviticus 23:33-36; Psalms 90:4; 2 Peter 3:8).
- 2 Peter 3:8 “But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.”
- Revelation 20:4-6 “Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ/Messiah for a thousand years. But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God/Elohim and of Christ/Messiah, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.”
Man’s Form of Worship
In history, there have been many who have tried to suppress the observance of Yahweh’s Feasts and even replace them with pagan celebrations from Babylon to worship God. These pagan feasts continue today. They are designed to keep the children of Yahweh from their appointment with the returning Bridegroom and from realizing their true identity in the commonwealth of Israel. This ultimately keeps believers from entering the Land. This is the sin of Jeroboam and the Spirit of Balaam. Many think the Babylonian feasts (Christmas and Easter) are of Yahweh, but they are not. People who search Scripture will soon see that those feasts have never been of Yahweh. They are manmade and given an appearance of religious worship to make them look acceptable (Isaiah chapter 1; Jude 1:11; Revelation 2:14).
- Exodus 32:4-6 “And he received the gold from their hand, and he fashioned it with an engraving tool, and made a molded calf. Then they said, ‘This is your god, O Israel, that brought you out of the land of Egypt!’ So when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it. And Aaron made a proclamation and said, ‘Tomorrow is a feast to the LORD.’ Then they rose early on the next day, offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.”
Apart from the Scriptures, we have many resources available to us today to help expose the various forms of pagan Babylonian worship. We can no longer hide or avoid these truths. As believers, we need to acknowledge the TRUE worship of Yahweh and His Feasts by entering into them. Yahweh is calling us to be a holy nation and a set-apart royal priesthood, but how can we if we uphold worldly worship. Mixing His Feast Days like Easter with Passover is an abomination in His sight.
Yeshua fulfilled the first four Feasts when He came as the sacrificial Lamb and He will fulfill the last three Feasts when He returns as the reigning King. The invitations have been sent out. Will believers partake in the Feasts He has prepared for us, and as Brides, will we come out to meet our Bridegroom with extra oil, dressed in pure linen garments ready to enter our wedding day? Remember the proper response to our Bridegroom, Yeshua Ha Mashiach...
- Exodus 24:7 “Then he took the Book of the Covenant [ketubah] and read in the hearing of the people. And they said, ‘All that the LORD/Yahweh has said we will do, and be obedient.’”
There is a huge proposal, purpose and inheritance waiting those who choose to walk and dwell with Him in His Kingdom today.
- Isaiah 54:11 to 55:5 “All your sons will be taught by Yahweh and great will be your children’s peace. In righteousness [obedience] you will be established: tyranny will be far from you; you will have nothing to fear, terror will be far removed; it will not come near you. If anyone does attack you, it will not be my doing; whoever attacks you will surrender to you. Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come; buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare. Give ear and come to me; hear me, that your soul may live. I will make an everlasting covenant with you, my faithful love promised to David.”
Yahweh’s food laws: Shemini Leviticus 9:1-11:47 by Julie Parker www.sheepfoldgleanings.com
The Maker’s Diet by Jordan S. Rubin http://www.makers-diet.net/
The Raw Truth by Jordan S. Rubin – free eBook download: http://www.transformyourhealth.com/gardenoflife/rawtruthbook.pdf
Health According to Scripture by Paul Nison www.paulnison.com
The Genesis Diet by Dr. Gordon S. Tessler
God’s Key to Health and Happiness by Elmer A Josephson
HOLY COW! Does God Care about What We Eat? www.ffoz.org
Dr. Temple Grandin: Professor of Animal Science at Colorado State University:
HBO trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnI_Y8PyTHM
Dr. Grandin web page: http://grandin.com/
List of Clean and Unclean: http://www.ucg.ca/booklets/what-does-bible-teach-about-clean-and-unclean-meats/which-animals-clean-and-unclean
How Pig Parts Make The World Turn: Christein Meindertsma TED Talks: www.ted.com/talks/christien_meindertsma_on_pig_05049.html
Pig chart: www.farmcreditknowledgecenter.com (There is also a cow and sheep chart).
Sheep Banner by Phil Haswell.
Tikkun: The Kestenbaum Edition Mesorah Publications, Ltd.
Ancient Hebrew Research Centre: Jeff Benner www.ancient-hebrew.org
Tithe - Covenant of Salt: Korah Numbers16: 1-18:32 and Vayikra Leviticus1:1-5:26
Feast days and Covenants: Emor Leviticus by Julie Parker www.sheepfoldgleanings.com
Universal List of Biblically Clean (Healthy) Foods
Animals that chew the cut and part the hoof:
Antelope, Deer (Venison), Elk, Gazelle, Giraffe, Goat, Hart, Ibex, Bison (Buffalo), Caribou, Cattle (Beef/Veal), Moose, Ox, Reindeer, Sheep (Lamb, Mutton).
Fish with fins and scales:
Albacore (Crevalle, Horse Mackerel, Jack), Alewives (Branch, River Herring), Anchovy, Barracuda, Bass, Black Drum, Black Pomfret (Monchong), Blue Runner (Hardtail), Bluebacks (Glut Herrings), Chubs (Bloater, Longjaw, Blackfin), Cod, Common Sucker (Fresh Water Mullet, White Sucher), Crappie (Black or White Crappies), Drum Flounder (Dab, Gray, Lemon Sole, Summer/Winter Flounder, Yellow Tail), Grouper (Black, Nassau, Red or Yellowfish Grouper, Gag), Grunt (White/Yellow Grunts), Gulf Pike (Robalo, Snook, Sergeant), Haddock, Hake, Halibut, Hardhead, Hardtail (Blue Runner), Herring (Alewife, Branch, Glut Lake, River, Sea Herrings), Kingfish, Long Nose Sucker (Northern or Red Striped Sucker), Mackerel (Cobia), Mahimahi (Dorado, Dolphinfish – NOT the mammal dolphin), Menhaden, Minnow, Mullet, Muskellunge (Jacks), Orange Roughy, Perch (Bream), Pike (Pickeral, Jack), Pig Fish, Pollack (Pollock, Boston Bluefish), Pompano, Red Horse Sucker (Redfin), Red Snapper, Redfish, Robalo (Gulf Pike), Porgy (Scup), Red Drum (Redfish), Rockfish, Salmon (Chum, Coho, King, Pink or Red), Sardine (Pilchard), Scup (Porgy), See Bass, Sergeant Fish (Golf Pike), Shad, Sheephead, Silversides, Smelt (Frost, Ice Fish), Snapper (Ebu, Jabfish, Lehi, Onaga, Opakapaka, Uku), Snook (Gulf Pike), Sole, Spanish Mackerel, Steelhead, Stiped Bass, Sucker (Red Horse Sucker, Redfin), Sunfish, Tarpon, Trout (Gray Sea, Lake, Sand Sea, White Sea, Spotted Sea Trouts, Weakfish), Tuna (Ahi, Aku, Albacore, Bluefin, Bonito, shipjack, Tombo, Yellowfin, Yesllowtail), Turbot (except European turbot), Whitefish, Whiting (Silver Hake), Yellow Perch.
Birds with clean characteristics:
Chicken, Prairie chicken, Ptarmigan, Quail, Sagehen, Sparrow (and other songbirds), Swan, Teal, Turkey, Dove, Duck, Goose, Grouse, Guinea fowl, Partridge, Peafowl, Pheasant, Pigeon.
Clean insects include types of locust that may include crickets and grasshoppers
Universal List of Biblically Unclean (Unhealthy)
Animals with unclean characteristics:
Swine: Boar, Peccary, Pig (hog, bacon, ham, lard, pork, most sausage and pepperoni),
Canines: Coyote, Dog, Fox, Hyena, Jackal, Wolf,
Felines: Cat, Cheeta, Leopard, Lion, Panther, Tiger,
Equines: Ass, Donkey, Mule, Horse, Onager, Zebra (quagga).
Other: Armadillo, Badger, Bear, Beaver, Camel, Elephant, Gorilla, Groundhog, Hare, Hippopotamus, Kangaroo, Llama (alpaca, vicuna), Mole, Monkey, Mouse, Muskrat, Opossum, Porcupine, Rabbit, Raccoon, Rat, Rhinoceros, Skunk, Slug, Snail (escargot), Squirrel, Wallaby, Weasel, Wolverine, Worm.
Birds of prey, scavengers and other:
Albatross, Bat, Bittern, Buzzard, Condor, Coot, Cormorant, Crane, Crow, Cuckoo, Eagle, Flamingo, Grebe, Grosbeak, Bull, Hawk, Heron, Kite, Lapwing, Loon, Magpie, Osprey, Ostrich, Owl, Parrot, Pelican, Penguin, Plover, Rail, Raven, Roadrunner, Sandpiper, Seagull, Stork, Swallow, Swift, Vulture, Water Hen, Woodpecker.
All insects are unclean except some in the Locust family.
Reptiles and amphibians
Alligator, Caiman, Crocodile, Lizard, Snake, Turtle,
Amphibians: Blindworm, Frog, Newt, Salamander, Toad
Marine life without scales and fins:
Fish: Bullhead, Catfish, Eel, European turbot, Marlin, Paddlefish, Shark, Stickleback, Squid, Sturgeon (includes most caviar), Swordfish.
Shell: Abalone, Clam, Crab, Crayfish, Lobster, Mussel, Prawn, Oyster, Scallop, Shrimp.
Soft body: Cuttlefish, Jellyfish, Limpet, Octopus, Squid (calamari).
Sea mammals: Dolphin, Otter, Porpoise, Seal, Walrus, Whale.